DSS people are not bad!!

I have recently had to apply for housing benefit, due to my marriage breakdown, and having to give up work to look after my little boy who is being tested for autisum, i have worked all my adult life. I am having to move out of my rented house and am looking for somewhere else to live. I have seen a few that would suit us, but Why is it that they always put NO DSS.

If you recieve DSS you can get the rent paid straight to the lanlord, so surley i would be more suitable to someone who is not DSS.

It just makes me so mad!!! :rant::rant:

If a landlord accepts a tenant claiming housing benefit, and that claim turns out to be fraudulent, or the DWP make an error and overpay it - they claim the money back directly from the landlord, who is left hugely out of pocket unless he spends thousands of pounds trying to sue his tenant to get it back.

In light of which, very few landlords are prepared to risk accepting a tenant who claims housing benefit.

to be fair though if you have a deposit and couple of months rent up front you shouldn't need to declare that you are recieving housing benefit. Just pay up and say you lost your job. they can't kick you out, just claim, get the money paid into your account, you pay the landlord and they are none the wiser.

The rules on housing benefit changed. It used to be paid straight to the landlord, but now the tenant can get their hands on it and blow it on booze and fags like all DSS do.

to be fair though if you have a deposit and couple of months rent up front you shouldn't need to declare that you are recieving housing benefit. Just pay up and say you lost your job. they can't kick you out, just claim, get the money paid into your account, you pay the landlord and they are none the wiser.

yeah i have a bond and mths rent maybe i should lol!

The rules on housing benefit changed. It used to be paid straight to the landlord, but now the tenant can get their hands on it and blow it on booze and fags like all DSS do.

cheeky sod! you do have an option when claming HB to pay direct to landlord still. i'm doing that now!

sorry to hear you found yourself in a situation like this, but there will be plenty more in this position next year. you will also not get much sympathy on here regarding claiming hb (according to some on here your lower than a snakes belly). i do hope you find somewhere with a decent landlord (but looking at the landlords on here god help you ) i hope you get sorted for the new year

sorry to hear you found yourself in a situation like this, but there will be plenty more in this position next year. you will also not get much sympathy on here regarding claiming hb (according to some on here your lower than a snakes belly). i do hope you find somewhere with a decent landlord (but looking at the landlords on here god help you ) i hope you get sorted for the new year

thank you, thats very kind. hope you have a great new year!