Cash For Clothes best place in Sheffield MEGAThread

I only recently noticed that most of the charity envelope bags that come through the door say that £65-£75 per tonne is donated to the named charity - equivalent to just 6-7p per kilo, the rest presumably going to the organisers.

So presumably charities would be better off if you sold directly to a cash-for-clothes place and donated from the proceedings?

Just had a flyer through my door there's a new one opening Monday on London rd in front of dunhelm mills 60p per kilo, I will be taking mine there from now on. Last time I went to drake house one they were searching the bags for ages scrutinising every item.

Anyone know if this has opened yet, and do they take curtains?

the way things are going with this tory goverment ,we will be selling the clothes off our back for a few pints

Looking for a cash for clothes type of place, can anyone recommend one who gives you reasonable prices?

All the ones I've seen offer the same price currently 50p a kilo

50p per kilo is virtually nothing, you may as well do some good and give them to charity.

do a carboot sale ..... you will make more money

50p per kilo is virtually nothing, you may as well do some good and give them to charity.

Well cheers for the advice but I give enough to charities and thought I'd get some cash back for my clothes, one next to the abby vets was the one we ended up going and got £30.00 for a few bags, decent.

I have got lots of bags to take. Where is it you take them?

Well cheers for the advice but I give enough to charities and thought I'd get some cash back for my clothes, one next to the abby vets was the one we ended up going and got £30.00 for a few bags, decent.

60kg of clothes, wow. And you got back the price of a couple of items. Like I said, might as well give them to charity rather than let someone else make a huge profit out of paying you next to nothing.

Anyone know if there's one in the s35 area