Why can't people stand still whilst on their mobile phones. ?

You see it all the time, as soon as someone answers their mobile they start pacing back and forth, what's that about then. ?

You see it all the time, as soon as someone answers their mobile they start pacing back and forth, what's that about then. ?

I know exactly what you mean, and I dont know WHY! Now you have got me thinking of a reasoning...

:suspect:

Guest sibon

Because they are mobile.

Because they are mobile.

True, but before or after a call they become static again.

Is it the radio waves affecting their minds. ?

"Talking on the telephone lacks that certain something called visual feedback. When you’re not able to give and receive as many cues conveying enthusiasm, boredom or even anger, your body reacts, says Ken Fogel of the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. “When someone is present, you’re not the only one holding on to these emotions. They’re passed back and forth,” he says. “But on the phone, it’s like you’re juggling a hot potato and you can’t pass it to anyone.” Walking transfers that emotion to a physical action."

My sagem gives me electric shocks. I bought it from a 'we cash gold and shoes' place. Six years ago. It has a hippo game on it, and has served me well. Maybe other peeps bought from the same shop?

Makes me jump.

This thread is going to get too intellectual for me isnt it? :huh:

"Talking on the telephone lacks that certain something called visual feedback. When you’re not able to give and receive as many cues conveying enthusiasm, boredom or even anger, your body reacts, says Ken Fogel of the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. “When someone is present, you’re not the only one holding on to these emotions. They’re passed back and forth,” he says. “But on the phone, it’s like you’re juggling a hot potato and you can’t pass it to anyone.” Walking transfers that emotion to a physical action."

What /\ said. I pace all the time when I am on my phone.

Even when you are sat on the bus? Must get some funny looks.

Is this a way of introducing a "Ban the burka" element to this thread?:huh:

But i bet you don't do it on your home phone.

Even when you are sat on the bus? Must get some funny looks.

I don't get the bus :)