Phrases & expressions you only ever hear in Sheffield

I come from sheffield and a lad from Chesterfield asked me "does dar put relish on di pies" , dont know what he meant

I come from sheffield and a lad from Chesterfield asked me "does dar put relish on di pies" , dont know what he meant

you should have said yes we do, are you sure your from SHEFFIELD. LONG LIVE HENDERSONS, YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER NUMPTY, apart from the people, two great products come from this city, STEEL AND HENDERSONS, I HOPE YA DAD OR YA GRANDAD READS THIS AND GIVES YOU A GOOD LEATHERING

you should have said yes we do, are you sure your from sheffield. Long live hendersons, you complete and utter numpty, apart from the people, two great products come from this city, steel and hendersons, i hope ya dad or ya grandad reads this and gives you a good leathering

p.s, the saying a good leathering comes from the use of the good old strap, i wish parents would use it this day and age, because we are surrounded by spoilt brats, who think that the country owes them a free ride, well done parents and the goverment, now your reaping your sad rewards, god help us in the next twenty years, bring back national service.

does dar put relish on di pies

tha can't eyt a meyt pie wi'out endisuns! ;)

Yep. Grew up in Sheffield (Ecclesfield and Parsons Cross - went to Colley school) and that's an expression I remember well. As for the spelling.. mek thi own mind up! I'd go for kale-eyed but it's nowt to do wi't vegetable as far as I know. 

Saturday afternoon checking the pools coupon …."If tha dunt shurrup thall ger a scutch round t' lug oil. Thi dadz wetchin' t' results." (Probably only in our house)