Urgent help needed I need a home for my dog

i am loosing my home , any advice on how to get a kind loving home for 6 year old female staff, she is well behaved trained ex with children , not great with other dogs, very sad to let her go, thank you

If you want to try to re-home her on here, you need to fill in a re-homing template in the pet owners section.

Hi spiers

I've moved your thread into our Pet Owners group - I'm sure someone here will have some ideas.

I hope things work out.

I was sorry to read about your situation spiers, I really do feel for you and its all the more poignant at this time of year :(

Sorry that I cannot help with your dog but can perhaps give you some ideas that might help...its a start.

Firstly advertise him on as many websites as possible, ask Rainrescue on here I am sure that she will advertise him on her rescue site, also as Gluggy if he can pop him on I need a home, also pop him on dogpages, all are good sites.

Go the the top of this group and click on rehoming a pet, that has lots of ideas too, then there is the re-homing templates it explains how to use them etc.

Good luck I hope that someone else can come along with other ideas.

Edited by Moonbird
Posted too soon!!

Contact some rescue groups they may be able to find a foster home till a permanent home can be found.

Dont put her on the freeads, dog fighters pick up bait dogs from there. If you ring the Dogs Trust I'm sure they have a waiting list rather than just saying they are full. Try all the local rescues, put an ad in your local post office. If you rehome her yourself rather than through a rescue ensure you do a home visit and ask for photographic proof that they actually live at the address you visit. You can not be too careful. You could even ask for vet references if the prospective owner has owned dogs before. Do not accept them at face value though, anyone can fake a reference. Always ring the vet to ensure it is definately from them. Last but not least - try to avoid giving her up to the pound, so many staffies are in there, and not all of them make it out :(

thankyou for your advise