Why do some people talk posh on the phone?

She may be trying to bait you,bit if you dont bite then she may fish elsewhere.

Someone else told me that she attempts to get you to be abusive to her , so that she can press the report button and try and get you banned. The person told me that she uses this tactic on people who are better than her and brighter.:)

Someone else told me that she attempts to get you to be abusive to her , so that she can press the report button and try and get you banned. The person told me that she uses this tactic on people who are better than her and brighter.:)

Oh dear-its like being back in the school-yard.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Anything that low and yourself are truly well matched bedfellows.:cool:

Some wit is better than none though. Would you like me to include a sign the next time I'm sarcastic so that you don't miss it?

I feel I can do both.You are the one casting aspersions and making comments.

I'm certainly making comments, this is after all a discussion forum.

Maybe you can point out what aspersions I cast though?

The spelling of floorless was a deliberate mistake so I feel my house is neat and tidy.

That wasn't what I was referring to though.

No-one ,except a show-off will sit 5 A-levels

Oh, only show offs get too many A levels. My bad, I have 5.

and most universities avoid showboating of that order.

Don't be ridiculous, no university has ever turned someone away for having too many A levels.

Private education,like cosmetic surgery is marketed
Yes it is needlessly

Who's needs are you talking about?

as the prime motive is commercial rather than educational.

What a strange argument for someone who tutors to make.

Certainly private schools make profit, but they do that by providing a better education than the state.

Just to be clear, can you answer these few questions?

• Is state education perfect?
  • Can a private paid for education be better?
  • Could someone who already has natural talent do better (that is achieve more) if taught better?

Better might include, but is not limited to, smaller class sizes, more skilled teachers, greater access to educational resources, dedicated tutoring, less disruption from fellow students, greater range of subjects, more motivated teachers, more conducive learning environment.

And in the interest of fairness my answers are

• No
  • Yes
  • Yes

I'm certainly making comments, this is after all a discussion forum.

Maybe you can point out what aspersions I cast though?

That wasn't what I was referring to though.

Oh, only show offs get too many A levels. My bad, I have 5.

Don't be ridiculous, no university has ever turned someone away for having too many A levels.Yes it is

needlessly

Who's needs are you talking about?

What a strange argument for someone who tutors to make.

Certainly private schools make profit, but they do that by providing a better education than the state.

• Could someone who already has natural talent do better (that is achieve more) if taught better?

Better might include, but is not limited to, smaller class sizes, more skilled teachers, greater access to educational resources, dedicated tutoring, less disruption from fellow students, greater range of subjects, more motivated teachers, more conducive learning environment.

And in the interest of fairness my answers are

• No
  • Yes
  • Yes

YOu have made a great effort but when writing try not to be overcomprehensive as your few good points will be swamped by the mediocre.Be selective and remember your readership lack your 5(yes five ) A-levels.Your views on private education must be gleaned from those Mallory Towers books which granny gave you as in reality they are not as you describe.Read the biographies of Fry,Foot and Cleese to discover how the witty students subverted lessons etc.

Edited by gnvqsos

Some wit is better than none though. Would you like me to include a sign the next time I'm sarcastic so that you don't miss it?

I never miss anything girl.:)

You managed to avoid answering these simple question Qn, care to try again?

Whilst we're giving advice, try to use [ quote] and [/ quote] correctly or your post becomes mangled and use two spaces after a period, one after a comma.

And don't make words up, overcomprehensive is not a word.

Edited by Cyclone

I never miss anything girl.:)

Oh, but you do. Plainly.

You managed to avoid answering these simple question Qn, care to try again?

Whilst we're giving advice, try to use [ quote] and [/ quote] correctly or your post becomes mangled and use two spaces after a period, one after a comma

And don't make words up, overcomprehensive is not a word.

I never use quotes. I never used the word you stated. Private education is not necessary for people who have talent but merely gives a "leg up" to untalented people who do not deserve it.

I never use quotes. I never used the word you stated. Private education is not necessary for people who have talent but merely gives a "leg up" to untalented people who do not deserve it.

Your name doesn't start Qn does it?

Try reading the entire post before you attempt to reply.

Your name doesn't start Qn does it?

Try reading the entire post before you attempt to reply.

All relevant questions were answered .

Edited by Hushai