Why do some people talk posh on the phone?

they dont, they just talk more clearly because we lip read as well as listen to the words normally when conversing. on the phone you cant see the persons lips so we tend to enunciate better.

All relevant questions were answered .

No, he didn't answer the three simple questions I asked him, maybe you can answer them though?

• Is state education perfect?
  • Can a private paid for education be better?
  • Could someone who already has natural talent do better (that is achieve more) if taught better?

No, he didn't answer the three simple questions I asked him, maybe you can answer them though?

• Could someone who already has natural talent do better (that is achieve more) if taught better?

State education is not perfect .

Private education is not required for talented people so cannot be better for them. It fits square pegs in round holes by catapulting lesser talented people into higher places.

Talented people can receive adequate stimulus in state education and tend to self educate...so no. I like to learn, but do not like to be taught.:roll:

Private education is not required for talented people so cannot be better for them. It fits square pegs in round holes by catapulting lesser talented people into higher places.

Talented people can receive adequate stimulus in state education and tend to self educate...so no. I like to learn, but do not like to be taught.:roll:

That's quite obvious.

Now could you actually answer the questions. They just require simple yes or no answers.

You answered the first, and the last, the middle one you waffled about.

Regarding your answer to the last question though, are you serious. A talented person will do equally well no matter the quality of their teaching. That is what you are saying, correct?

Please bring it back on again.:)

What was your previous username?

Please bring it back on again.:)

now you started it------so you finish it. :hihi:

What was your previous username?

on another thread i was accused of being the alter-ego of another poster,whose name was mentioned.

needless to say i was'nt very flattered,but thankfully the post was removed.

also that other user (that i was accused of being) is nothing like me.

because i am much posher then him.

(there now back on topic.)

Britain is up it's own anus with materialism, image, status and pretence.

The view of posh and better is up to the individual, although working classes are the snobbiest and most pretencious of all.

... and use two spaces after a period, one after a comma.

Then hit the 'submit' button. And watch the software reduce the gap to one space.

(I put about 20 spaces between the full stop and the 'A' in 'and'

Then hit the 'submit' button. And watch the software reduce the gap to one space.

(I put about 20 spaces between the full stop and the 'A' in 'and'

That's the HTML rendering, but Qn doesn't even use one space.

I adapt my pattern of speech to match with the person i am speaking to.

For example if someone posh speaks to me,I reply in a posh voice.

If someone,of the younger generation (those i can understand) says "innit" i will reply in the same mode of speech.

Is that pretentious or what.:hihi:

Edited by janie48