Why do some people talk posh on the phone?

Yet rather than just click back or join in you post to complain that the topic has moved on from what it was originally...

I joined in eventually :hihi:

It explains the poor calibre of Republican candidates-I believe Bush is a product of Harvard(College of FE)

I applied to go to Eton but they told me they didn't take people from Parson Cross.

I applied to go to Eton but they told me they didn't take people from Parson Cross.

Do you think Cameron would get a place at Chaucer?

Do you think Cameron would get a place at Chaucer?

He used to go to Colley Road Sec Modern until his daddy won big on Littlewoods pools and sent him to Eton but keep that under yer hat.

He used to go to Colley Road Sec Modern until his daddy won big on Littlewoods pools and sent him to Eton but keep that under yer hat.

I understand both his father and grandfather were in banking. Hence the reason why he is so protective of the banking system and against the EU's proposals of more effective de-regulation of the banks.

It was a comprehensive I believe and it was Zetters pools.

It was a comprehensive I believe and it was Zetters pools.

Nah tha never won big on Zetters.:hihi::hihi:

Having worked in service industries for many years, I am well aware of the Hyacinth Bucket receptionists. It's very left wing to accuse working class people of talking 'posh' on the phone, my wife attended elocution lessons in order to get a job in a solicitor's office, and it worked.

But was the solicitor from Sheffield?

Your not you're is the possessive.I see what you mean about the need for private help(with your English,though your logic is floorlees)

Ah yes, if you can't beat the argument, attack the grammatical error and throw in a little bit of being rude to the poster. Everyone can now see just how sound your point was.

PS - if you want to comment on the quality of English you'd do well to put your own house in order first.

It is good that you admit that I have proved my point. I am pleased that that you can get something right occasionally comp boy.:)

Are you really so stupid as to not recognise sarcasm?

Well my son went to a local comp and is now at Oxford-we did not think further help from the private sector would be of benefit,and his state school experience gave him 4 grade As.I do a great deal of tuition for nice but dim children who cannot perform despite a private education.If you have quality private help is quite superfluous.

You're probably wrong though. If you'd paid for a better education he might have had five grade A's.

I understand both his father and grandfather were in banking. Hence the reason why he is so protective of the banking system and against the EU's proposals of more effective de-regulation of the banks.

Unlike George Osborne, his family are big in the wallpaper game.