Why do some people talk posh on the phone?

Yes you do. Obviously. Dimwit.

No I do not loser.

No I do not loser.

You really are very dense aren't you. You're still doing it.

What a load of coswallop:roll:

You've extended his foolish contention with the faulty thinking that people paying for a private education have to do so. They don't of course, they choose to do so because they think it will provide them with a benefit.

People with innate talents probably realise them better in public school and those without probably do better than they otherwise would.

I hope that they do at least teach a little bit of formal logic, it's an interesting area of study.

Well my son went to a local comp and is now at Oxford-we did not think further help from the private sector would be of benefit,and his state school experience gave him 4 grade As.I do a great deal of tuition for nice but dim children who cannot perform despite a private education.If you have quality private help is quite superfluous.

What a load of coswallop:roll:

Don't you mean codswallop?:rolleyes:

Are you claiming to be a fish?

I could catch you every day.:hihi:

Your latest rapid fire replies show that our posts appear to have struck a nerve.They are ill thought out.

Talented people do not need fee paying schools as they are talented. Only the less talented need them in an attempt to lift them higher than they should go in society.

They attempt to fit square pegs into round holes, whether you like it or not. The truth hurts. :)

Well put,a sore nerve has been exposed.

No, they show that I've just caught up with the thread and replied to it as I read through.

Talented people may not need private education, that was where your logic failed in the first instance. They will still benefit from such education though.

I was educated in a comprehensive, so the truth isn't going to hurt me in anyway. I expect that I would have achieved even higher academic standards though if I'd had a private education.

The less talented obviously also benefit from a private education and achieve more than if they attended state school, and who wouldn't want to take advantage of that possibility if it was available to them.

You're reverse snobbery is rather obvious and has itself been the topic of several threads in the past.

Your not you're is the possessive.I see what you mean about the need for private help(with your English,though your logic is floorlees)

Don't you mean codswallop?:rolleyes:

:blush: oops I must get a new keyboar :hihi::hihi::hihi:

What you call public schools, we call private or prep schools. Whether they are any better than state schools is debatable. High School of any form is no guarantee of a job on graduation, you have to do four years in college, and be stuck with a lifetime of student loan debt to maybe get a job. The prep schools engender a superior complex in many grads, who are often a shoe in to Harvard or Yale because their parents can afford to send them.

What you call public schools, we call private or prep schools. Whether they are any better than state schools is debatable. High School of any form is no guarantee of a job on graduation, you have to do four years in college, and be stuck with a lifetime of student loan debt to maybe get a job. The prep schools engender a superior complex in many grads, who are often a shoe in to Harvard or Yale because their parents can afford to send them.

That is a terrible exclusive system.:(

That is a terrible exclusive system.:(

It explains the poor calibre of Republican candidates-I believe Bush is a product of Harvard(College of FE)