Carrots: batons or circles?

Do you chop carrots into circular discs or stick-like batons?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you chop carrots into circular discs or stick-like batons?

• Circles
    • Batons

... if they are being served as a separate veg, batons every time.

Circles always here because it's quicker.

I bet you're one of those posh folk who cut your toast into triangles too :hihi:

I bet you're one of those posh folk who cut your toast into triangles too :hihi:

I do that, and I'm not posh.:nono:

Carrots == circles

In casseroles I leave them round, but if they are being served as a separate veg, batons every time.

Snap.

I think the main reason why batons are preferred when served as a separate veg is that when cut in a circular manner, they resemble the chunder chunks that always appear when you hurl.

I always used to do batons but now I do chunks I can't stand carrots overcooked and find by chopping them in chunks rather than just slicing works best for me.

Batons for dips, for veg we tend to roast them and I do an angled off centre cut that's hard to explain, just twist them round as you cut and slice at one inch intervals, not inline with the previous cut. A good glaze of honey and give em a good roast, I like to do parsnips with them in the same method. Mmmmmmmm.

Batons for dips, for veg we tend to roast them and I do an angled off centre cut that's hard to explain, just twist them round as you cut and slice at one inch intervals, not inline with the previous cut. A good glaze of honey and give em a good roast, I like to do parsnips with them in the same method. Mmmmmmmm.

Yes that's what I do posh chunks if you like.

Batons for salads and stir frys, chunky circles for casseroles etc, slimmer circles for a side of veg :)

Circles always here because it's quicker.

Nothing as common as triangles, I use various shaped cutters, hearts, stars etc, and always cut the crusts off. :roll:

Dead posh me. :hihi:

Guest sibon

I only eat baby carrots. They don't need slicing at all:)

battons if served as an accompnyament, diced in casseroles etc.

I only eat baby carrots.

That's just cruel :shakes: