Parkin brothers,footballers pearl st.

Just seen this topic, I was at school with Maurice and Norman, Jordanthorpe, Norman was the hard man. I worked at T C Harrison, their mum worked on the pumps. I used to see Norman when we played Sunday League in Graves Park, Noran was a laugh to be around.

Yes, was at the same school as them, Jordanthorpe at the top of Dyche Lane.

Both a bit older than me, but well respected even then.

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2011 at 21:17, redted50 said:

Norman had a season with us (East House on Spital Hill)used to roll up in a yellow e-type with his big du-lux dog.He was a good laugh Norman,but I gotta say,he wasn't our best player by a long way.Last time I saw him he calling door to door doing hoover repairs.He's on facebook if you want to get in touch.:loopy:

What that when Paul Carr was playing for the East House in the old Sheffield & District league that eventually became the Meadowhall Sunday league?

Just seen this.  Remember Maurice from Hunters Bar area.  Was he linked to Leeds Utd at some point, I'm sure that's what he said?

They were a bit older than me but they lived on the same road as me on the Lowedges estate in the 1960's.

Strange that although they were both good footballers I never saw them play out on the street or in Lowedges park and yet the rest of us were playing football from morning 'til night. 

I was always aware of the Leeds United connection. 

Didn't Norman eventually play/coach football somewhere out in the Far East? Singapore, maybe?

Seem to recall hearing something along those lines...