Former Salvation Army citadel now being squatted by Occupy Sheffield

Occupy Sheffield squat  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Occupy Sheffield squat

• Go
    • Stay

thats todays health and safety society. you cant use a ladder anymore, but the police can blast you with 50,000 volts. mad or what

I wasn't, i was suggesting bigbladerob pop round with his ideas.And, unlike you, I don't consider the building a death trap, I was in it last wednesday and saw for myself that it's not dangerous.

You are joking aren't you? Unless the video was a fake then you obviously saw the smoke alarms, the fire extinguishers, the signed fire escapes, the smoke proof stairwell. No, then the building is an accident waiting to happen. I'm not an electrician so the ramshackle electrics even to me didn't look safe and old wooden floors patched up with bits of chipboard could so easily fail without warning. The sooner the place is emptied of it's temporary inhavitants and made secure the better.

Perhaps you should call down and give some advice?

You can pass my advice on, it's easy to remember.

Leave.

And, unlike you, I don't consider the building a death trap, I was in it last wednesday and saw for myself that it's not dangerous.

If you consider that building to be safe ,god help us.

thats todays health and safety society. you cant use a ladder anymore, but the police can blast you with 50,000 volts. mad or what

I was up a ladder the other day at work, are you telling me that was illegal?

Yes. The elf an safety people will get you. The daily mail said so.

Of course as long as you have 3 points of contact (in compliance with hse guidelines), use the correct ladder, you'll be fine. But you and alot people know that.

Just don't tell the daily mail.........

But he gave you advice ... and at no charge, too.

If you choose not to take that advice then you are acting in a reckless manner.

Whether it was or was not, if it was an ally ladder and you had '3 points of contact' and the ladder was well-grounded, then when the police zapped you you would have got optimum benefit.

'Value for money' 'Efficient use of Police resources' - or whatever. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Depends if you were breaking and entering :hihi:

I've seen the you tube clip and mentioned about the use of LPG gas to fuel a 2 burner camping stove.

But of course I'm sure they are quite happy to use this in an enclosed area, and with out adequate floor vents.

Perhaps might be best to leave a few holes in the floor just in case.

But hey don't worry you carry on using it, it won't be me getting blown through the roof if that butane gas ignites.

Have you and the OSC taken out a public liability insurance policy before inviting members of the public into the death trap of a squat ?

Have you and the OSC taken out a public liability insurance policy before inviting members of the public into the death trap of a squat ?

Not that any insurance company would touch that death trap with a bargepole. Occupy members would be personally liable.