Former Salvation Army citadel now being squatted by Occupy Sheffield

Occupy Sheffield squat  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Occupy Sheffield squat

• Go
    • Stay

I'm obviously not going to give an answer on behalf of the camp, but in my opinion, yes that would be what I would like to do. Hope that wasn't too bendy :)

Bogwoppit - as a member of the camp can you ask the person who updates the OS website to give OS's repsonse to my questions please as they failed to yesterday

https://occupysheffield.org/2012/01/17/salvation-for-citadel/

Bogwoppit - as a member of the camp can you ask the person who updates the OS website to give OS's repsonse to my questions please as they failed to yesterday

Dont hold your breath . Its standard policy of OS to dodge, ignore and evade any question they cant spin in their favour.

In fact Bogwoppit - looking at the OS site it would appear you are an administrator on it (looking at the Wikii changes documentation) so could you reply to my questions/comments please

In fact Bogwoppit - looking at the OS site it would appear you are an administrator on it (looking at the Wikii changes documentation) so could you reply to my questions/comments please

Won't they be busy with their "national conference"?

That would be the national conference where they have 3 things happening at once then nothing on the Sunday?

I've just had a look at the wiki page for it and they have had the following put down as a workshop idea

"Dreaming a Post-Occupy World: New Narrative a) Breaking in groups. b) Each group represents one occupation (camp) or occupy movement (General Assembly) based in a current city. c) Answer to the question: What a Post-Occupy world would look like? In 10 years from now. Each group needs to find 1 project, one post-occupy world reality they will like to pursue forward to present to the whole community. For example: "Occupy Quality Education": All schools, universities and colleges should be free of charge and supported by the state and taxes paid by private companies. This public/private funding shouldn't affect the quality of the education and should ensure equal opportunities to every citizen. d) Each group selects one person to report back to the whole conference. All projects are shared. e) In the general meeting with a facilitator in charge. We discuss which projects are: FANTASY Projects: That means brilliant ideas still no resources or skills available to attempt to accomplish them. STAR Projects: That means quality projects really likely to come true. REGULAR Projects: Projects easy to run and make them happen but not necessarily address the main aims of the movement. PITTY Projects: Projects that will wasting a massive amount of energy and won't reach a happy outcome, nevertheless we attach to them because we are to afraid to move on. f) We select 1 STAR Project and 1 REGULAR Project. We break now in 2 groups. Each group will answer the following questions regarding both projects: . To accomplish the START and REGULAR projects in 2015, what do we need to be doing on 2014? . To accomplish the START and REGULAR projects aims in 2014, what do we need to be doing in 2013? . To accomplish the START and REGULAR projects aims in 2013, what do we need to be doing in 2012? . To accomplish the START and REGULAR projects aims in 2012, what do we need to be doing now? g) Each group shared the 3 year strategy planning to the whole group. h) Commitments and responsabilities are drawn from these plans. Time: 3 hours. "

Now, i for one woudl love this workshop to take place and see what they come up.

Bet all the projects they come up with are Fantasy or Pitty.

Won't they be busy with their "national conference"?

Yes, i can see it being very time consuming to organize such a large scale ,well turned out event.

What was the offical number of confirmed attendees ?

Oh , yes ..................... 24:hihi::hihi:

That would be the national conference where they have 3 things happening at once then nothing on the Sunday?

I've just had a look at the wiki page for it and they have had the following put down as a workshop idea

"Dreaming a Post-Occupy World: New Narrative a) .Breaking in groups b) Each group represents one occupation (camp) or occupy movement (General Assembly) based in a current city. c) Answer to the question: What a Post-Occupy world would look like? In 10 years from now. Each group needs to find 1 project, one post-occupy world reality they will like to pursue forward to present to the whole community. For example: "Occupy Quality Education": All schools, universities and colleges should be free of charge and supported by the state and taxes paid by private companies. This public/private funding shouldn't affect the quality of the education and should ensure equal opportunities to every citizen. d) Each group selects one person to report back to the whole conference. All projects are shared. e) In the general meeting with a facilitator in charge. We discuss which projects are: FANTASY Projects: That means brilliant ideas still no resources or skills available to attempt to accomplish them. STAR Projects: That means quality projects really likely to come true. REGULAR Projects: Projects easy to run and make them happen but not necessarily address the main aims of the movement. PITTY Projects: Projects that will wasting a massive amount of energy and won't reach a happy outcome, nevertheless we attach to them because we are to afraid to move on. f) We select 1 STAR Project and 1 REGULAR Project. We break now in 2 groups. Each group will answer the following questions regarding both projects: . To accomplish the START and REGULAR projects in 2015, what do we need to be doing on 2014? . To accomplish the START and REGULAR projects aims in 2014, what do we need to be doing in 2013? . To accomplish the START and REGULAR projects aims in 2013, what do we need to be doing in 2012? . To accomplish the START and REGULAR projects aims in 2012, what do we need to be doing now? g) Each group shared the 3 year strategy planning to the whole group. h) Commitments and responsabilities are drawn from these plans. Time: 3 hours. "

Now, i for one woudl love this workshop to take place and see what they come up.

The part about "Breaking in Groups" interests me,as im sure breaking and entering is a criminal offence ,an arrestable offence.

Now ,by admiting to such intentions on their own webpage ,it shows the OS to be complete hypocrites ,as well as admiting to planning criminal activities.

Bet all the projects they come up with are Fantasy or Pitty.

They live in fantasy land full stop.

Jeepers it's a death trap.

Video of progress of work on Citadel of Hope.

Just looks like your avarage dirty squat to me . :hihi: