Former Salvation Army citadel now being squatted by Occupy Sheffield

Occupy Sheffield squat  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Occupy Sheffield squat

• Go
    • Stay

It looks as if they did indeed have a good time.

No doubt PRS now know who to send the bill to.:hihi:

i doubt they will be there long enough to recieve the bill in the post. The boys with the big batons will be along to send them on their way very soon.

I thought the leak had resulted from theft and vandalism.

Hmm, yeah vandals, thieves, could be... I've heard from the horses mouth, ie. millionaire developers (in Sheffo) about their 'techniques' to get around planning obstacles. If you were gonna steal the pipe work to weigh in, the stop tap would be turned off and everything would be stripped out up to that tap. There would be no copper left in place and the stop tap would never be 'vandalized' for any reason, other than to stop the constant flow of water being switched off easily.

I'm probably more clued up on this than most folks, due to the areas that i've worked in previously.

On the other side of things, I am also well aware that the squatters broke in. As they usually do.

I think it's kinda ironic how both developers and squatters, use questionable means to achieve their ends that would be very difficult (impossible) to prove.

Hey hoe, it's amused me anyway.

What attracted you to this thread - the references to a venue in a bad state of repair and cleanliness, or the comments on noise nuisance?

Possibly because Nicoracle works at the O2 Academy when she's not sqautting or camping.

Pics from last night at the Citadel of Hope

Are you OS squatters comfortable knowing that you invited people into a leathal ,death trap of a building which could cause serious injury ,or even worse at any time . ?

Hmm, yeah vandals, thieves, could be... I've heard from the horses mouth, ie. millionaire developers (in Sheffo) about their 'techniques' to get around planning obstacles. If you were gonna steal the pipe work to weigh in, the stop tap would be turned off and everything would be stripped out up to that tap. There would be no copper left in place and the stop tap would never be 'vandalized' for any reason, other than to stop the constant flow of water being switched off easily.

I'm probably more clued up on this than most folks, due to the areas that i've worked in previously.

On the other side of things, I am also well aware that the squatters broke in. As they usually do.

I think it's kinda ironic how both developers and squatters, use questionable means to achieve their ends that would be very difficult (impossible) to prove.

Hey hoe, it's amused me anyway.

Right. Back in the real world the rest of us know that any type of metal is taken from wiring, , to railway electricity conductors, wires, from hospital emergency generators, to the metal work on the five weirs walk to war memorial plaques. Because of metal theft trains stop running and operations are cancelled. But I'm sure you're absolutely right and when people break into properties to steal metal they ensure that the stop **** is properly turned off and do not steal any metal which may damage beyond the stop **** and cause flooding damage. Course not.

Right. Back in the real world the rest of us know that any type of metal is taken from wiring, , to railway electricity conductors, wires, from hospital emergency generators, to the metal work on the five weirs walk to war memorial plaques. Because of metal theft trains stop running and operations are cancelled. But I'm sure you're absolutely right and when people break into properties to steal metal they ensure that the stop **** is properly turned off and do not steal any metal which may damage beyond the stop **** and cause flooding damage. Course not.

Im sure the OS will be able to explain the shoddy and down right dangerous work they have carried out in the Sally Ann building.

I'm confused. Are we supposed to be impressed that the sum total of three months impeding the actual work of the Cathedral is that you managed to organise an illegal rave for your mates? That's "standing up for the 99%" is it? We're all supposed to say thank you OSC and form a human chain when the bailiffs arrive?

Pathetic.

"an illegal rave" ? :hihi:

I have been to a few illegal raves before and they certainly didn't look anything like the pics in that link, for starters to have a "rave" you need a DJ and turntables, don't you???

Edited by bladesman123

https://www.facebook.com/occupysheffield

It seems OS have a knack for upsetting their neighbours. Quite revealing nasty comments about Toby Foster, too.

The more I learn, the less I like OS.

Surely they need planning permission to hold an event such as that, like the rest of us would?

I'm sure when falling masonry injures or kills someone attending the illegal events they will get the publicity they "deserve".

Buffoons, and total morons spring to mind.

I have been wanting to use the Citadel for events for a very long time. makes me pretty frustrated that now it is open up for these squatters. Its a lovely venue, cant it be used for something more useful than this? Sorry if this sounds grumpy but the place could be used for so much better things

I have been wanting to use the Citadel for events for a very long time. makes me pretty frustrated that now it is open up for these squatters. Its a lovely venue, cant it be used for something more useful than this? Sorry if this sounds grumpy but the place could be used for so much better things

It's owned privately, with any luck the squatting will raise the profile of the place and give the owner an incentive to bring it back to it's former glory whilst evicting these idiots in the process.

It's owned privately, with any luck the squatting will raise the profile of the place and give the owner an incentive to bring it back to it's former glory whilst evicting these idiots in the process.

how many people are actually in there? at least they're 'fighting the good cause' tho ey? do they even know why they are squatting?