Parking ticket at childrens hospital

However, there really is no where else to put a car park in the surrounding area.

I believe the NHS did get planning consent for a multi-storey car park at Weston Park Hospital, but don't seem to have done anything about building it. I know that they looked at all potential locations in the area, but couldn't find anything else suitable.

I believe the NHS did get planning consent for a multi-storey car park at Weston Park Hospital, but don't seem to have done anything about building it. I know that they looked at all potential locations in the area, but couldn't find anything else suitable.

I can partly see why they haven't started it because the family of patients there now will have a lot more hassle going to see family at a very difficult time but that would be great as there are always queues coming out of the car park during visiting hours.

Do you believe that the surrounding roads would cope with the extra traffic that a multi-story car park would create?

As part of the booking in process at a&e the reception staff always ask 'how have you got to the hospital' in which if you have arrived by car they say (in my experience) where have you parked?? Which then results the reception staff giving you a permit if you have parked in the bays outside the hospital.... Did they not go through this process? If not then make a complaint, and send the ticket to the nhs to pay

Do you believe that the surrounding roads would cope with the extra traffic that a multi-story car park would create?

Any detailed planning application would include a traffic impact assessment which would address any such issues.

My feeling is that the roads probably would cope. There are often vehicles waiting to park queuing back onto Whitham Road, the incidence of which would probably be reduced by a larger car park, so that would help traffic flows. Also there would probably be less people circulating in the area looking for on-street parking.

As part of the booking in process at a&e the reception staff always ask 'how have you got to the hospital' in which if you have arrived by car they say (in my experience) where have you parked?? Which then results the reception staff giving you a permit if you have parked in the bays outside the hospital.... Did they not go through this process? If not then make a complaint, and send the ticket to the nhs to pay

Good God! Typical Blade attitude, look for someone to blame and then sue!:roll:

Good God! Typical Blade attitude, look for someone to blame and then sue!:roll:

I am making the assumption that your just the typical owl who never moans about everything and is perfect in every way.......:loopy:

And excuse me if I am wrong but I don't think I actually mentioned 'sue', if the fault lies with the hospital why should the op pay???? No point just coming on here moaning, do something about it!

I am making the assumption that your just the typical owl who never moans about everything and is perfect in every way.......:loopy:

And excuse me if I am wrong but I don't think I actually mentioned 'sue', if the fault lies with the hospital why should the op pay???? No point just coming on here moaning, do something about it!

Unless the receptionist parked it themselves it has nothing to do with the hospital. If I was to park outside a restaurant and then get a ticket is it their fault they didn't advise me of parking regulations in front of their building? No.

I am assuming the OP has a driving licence. They should therefore be able to read signs and road markings in relation to parking. Trying to palm off a fine on the NHS is ridiculous.

Too many people are looking to blame others when it is their own deficiencies they are trying to cover up!

Did the hospital park your car or did you? As I said, some people refuse to take responsibility for their own actions...........it's pathetic (and a typical blades trick):roll:

Unless the receptionist parked it themselves it has nothing to do with the hospital. If I was to park outside a restaurant and then get a ticket is it their fault they didn't advise me of parking regulations in front of their building? No.

I am assuming the OP has a driving licence. They should therefore be able to read signs and road markings in relation to parking. Trying to palm off a fine on the NHS is ridiculous.

Too many people are looking to blame others when it is their own deficiencies they are trying to cover up!

Sorry but you have missed the point what Bladette 24 was trying to say.

The bay outsied the Hospital is for A&E only, you can only get a permit from the A&E Department at the Childrens hospital, so if the op had gone to the reception to book the child in and the staff had done their job properley, they will have asked them where they had parked and if they needed a parmit, if that didnt happen then it is partly the fault of the staff in A&E. As the op had a sick child they may not have been thinking about looking at signs just geting the child looked at by medical staff

Sorry but you have missed the point what Bladette 24 was trying to say.

The bay outsied the Hospital is for A&E only, you can only get a permit from the A&E Department at the Childrens hospital, so if the op had gone to the reception to book the child in and the staff had done their job properley, they will have asked them where they had parked and if they needed a parmit, if that didnt happen then it is partly the fault of the staff in A&E. As the op had a sick child they may not have been thinking about looking at signs just geting the child looked at by medical staff

Rubbish, you take responsibility for your own actions....or should.

We got a ticket for parking outside children's.

We told guy that gave us a ticket that we had took our daughter in.

As she has health problems and we need to urgently get her seen due to a underlying problem.

He said he had not seen us enter the building and we was supposed to get some form of ticket from hospital desk to put in car window on arrival.

This was a new rule on me but was more annoyed cos this rule counts for disabled badge drivers to.

Anyway a few day later got a letter, stating we had this ticket and had to pay fine .

I decided to challenge them and refuse to pay it.

Lucky for us this worked, thanks to lovely secretary at children's writing us up a letter stating we had been in with my daughter.

And how long we was there but I think the new rule sucks.

The children's is based in worst place possible.

The staff are great but a better ammount of parking or even a new location would be a better answer.