Parking ticket at childrens hospital

id go and park as close down the ramp to the doors trying not to get in the way of where the ambulances go id go in and tell the security or recpetion staff what id done

Please think about using a few full stops and capital letters in your messages. It would make it so much easier to understand. And if you parked in the place mentioned above I can't imagine many hospital staff having much sympathy for you. "Trying" not to get in the way of the ambulances. And what if you're unsuccessful in that? What if everyone else tries the same thing? What makes *you* more important than anyone else with an ill child?

Hmm

-child A has cut finger and is in A and E

Doesn't sound like an A&E scenario. Cut fingers are normally dealt with by a plaster rather than a trip to A&E? And how do children get cut fingers 'in the middle of the night'?

-child B has brain tumour is having a seizure,dying and needs parents at bedside on ward

Needs? I suspect the child 'needs' trained medics who know what they are doing and 'need' everyone else to be out of the way around the bedside. Parent/s will obviously want to be around and will not be too concerned about where they have parked, but in that scenario there are two options - 1. not be worried about the cost compared to your childs health, or 2. as has been pointed out quite clearly, get the info from the hospital that you were there for those reasons and get the PCN cancelled.

Ok for those that insist on being overlogical lets change Child A from one with a cut finger to one with a bit of an upset tummy or a bit of a cough, or bit of ....name illness to suit) ie a child that probably should not be at the hospital in the first place.

Child B can be any seriously ill child whose parents have unfortunatly been called in the middle of the night to sit at their bedside.

My analogy was trying to show that the bays might be better being used by the families of the child who is most seriously ill . . . not just those attendign A and E.

In your actual scenario you'd park across the road outside the hospital because there's nothing else parked there in the middle of the night.

In your actual scenario the carer of the child needing A&E for their finger gets to park outside in the reserved bays.

Ok for those that insist on being overlogical lets change Child A from one with a cut finger to one with a bit of an upset tummy or a bit of a cough, or bit of ....name illness to suit) ie a child that probably should not be at the hospital in the first place.

Child B can be any seriously ill child whose parents have unfortunatly been called in the middle of the night to sit at their bedside.

My analogy was trying to show that the bays might be better being used by the families of the child who is most seriously ill . . . not just those attendign A and E

Quite. The scenarios being described by people desperate to prove they're right and the hospital are wrong are getting ever more ridiculous. They're just making themselves look foolish as anyone with half a brain can see that having parking bays for emergencies is better than having no parking bays for emergencies.

My analogy was trying to show that the bays might be better being used by the families of the child who is most seriously ill . . . not just those attendign A and E

Firstly a& e reception staff wouldn't say anything as it's not their duty too. It is your responsibility any staff who do mention it do so out of kindness.

Secondly, if your child is in hospital with a brain tumour or any other illness and are so poorly the parents have to be called out, as a parent myself, surely you would never in a million years want to leave your poorly child alone in the hospital anyway??? I certainly wouldn't.

not that I'm saying they should have any more exemptions than us, but i was in the childrens A&E last week waiting with my sister to have her little one looked at, when the Police came in to reception asking about a child that had just been brought in by ambulance. Off they went into the A&E department, 10 minutes later a Sheffield Council Parking Warden came in and asked where the Police officers where as they had o move their car. Out of curiosity I went outside to have a nosey really. The Police car was parked partially across one of the parking bays this thread is refering to....the parking warden came back outside and got on his radio and made a big thing to his control about the Police vehicle being parked there. A short while later a female Police officer came out and was going to move the car, not before this parking warden ripped a strip off her.....I was listening in......to be fair to her she was extremely calm and professional and vene apologised.....her parting words were....'just to ley you know mate, that child we've come to see may die, so think about that when you are dishing out tickets for the rest of the day'. She got in the car and moved it. Good on her I say.........for a minute i thought i was back in London were the parking wardens are complete mindless and moronic no-marks.....thank you