Police cordon on Division Street - 27/12/2011

yes lets hope

+1 on the ok comment too :)

Been going to pubs in town for years (although usually not fri/sat) only seen trouble a couple of times,you kind of get a feeeling when things are about to kick off best to move on.

Bank holidays and derby days are best avoided too.

On the whole town is pretty safe imo.

Hope the stab victim is ok.

Not seen anything in the star as yet, lol saying that they normaly print stories a week after a incident .

Not seen anything in the star as yet, lol saying that they normaly print stories a week after a incident .

Plastic gangsters doing training drill on division st:rolleyes:

Plastic gangsters doing training drill on division st:rolleyes:

yep. :roll:

yep. :roll:

Bad time of year for shopkeepers and plastic gangsters close the roads off for spilt milk!!:(

Just wandered into town for sales mooch and division street is cordoned off from carver street to just after lloyds with police car on one of

The streets off it. Other than the car no police presence at all. Anyone know what's happenned- and I hope it's not more drinking related trouble like the other night on carver street- I sing the praises on sheffields safe city centre and hope that can continue!

Morning All,

Stabbing confirmed by the star...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/green-scene/men_stabbed_on_night_out_in_sheffield_city_centre_1_4097477

Regards,

A

I was in Manchester a few weeks ago for a night out and even on Saturdays the pubs stop serving at 11pm. As this incident happened after 1am then I think the idea of late hours drinking should be stopped even if it's temporary, just to see if there's a fall in violent crime. There are too many arseholes who get canned up and go looking for trouble. This is the legacy of the Blair government extending licening hours.

Yep the story sounds about true but looks like this time its the bad guys copped it , as the group i was talkin about throwing punches at people was from tinsley and darnall , and it seems the victim is from tinsley .....Could be a coinsidence ofcourse , lol or maybe not !

Been going to pubs in town for years (although usually not fri/sat) only seen trouble a couple of times,you kind of get a feeeling when things are about to kick off best to move on.

Bank holidays and derby days are best avoided too.

On the whole town is pretty safe imo.

Hope the stab victim is ok.

I tend to agree with that.

I've been going down town once a week for the last 20 years and during that time I've seen very little serious trouble:

An ashtray smashed on someones head in Khan's restaurant....We never went there again after that because the response from the staff was pathetic.

A headbutting in Cairos.

A lad going mad in The Museum (Orchard Square) throwing chairs at the optics behind the bar and then throwing one through the window.....The bouncers cleared everybody out whilst they waited for the police.

It also looked like it was going to kick off on Lloyds when loads of drunk Blades turned up after the derby game, but we left before anything happened.

As you say, you can usually get a feel when things are going to kick off.

Regards

Doom

I was in Manchester a few weeks ago for a night out and even on Saturdays the pubs stop serving at 11pm. As this incident happened after 1am then I think the idea of late hours drinking should be stopped even if it's temporary, just to see if there's a fall in violent crime. There are too many arseholes who get canned up and go looking for trouble. This is the legacy of the Blair government extending licening hours.

Well that aint true at all, I lived in Manchester for 5 years and it had late licensing way before they changed the laws in the rest of the country. Remember thinking how great it was to be able to drink after 11 without paying entry... Was something to do with the council registering pubs as restaurants/nightclubs.

Now there's as many open late as ever. Infact I'd say there's many many times more bars open after 11 in Manchester than in Sheffield.

I've seen hardly any trouble in Sheffield city centre at all. It seems that in this instance it was a fight that got out of hand. So really no innocent people were harmed just two of the combatants. Hope they are ok though wouldnt wish a stabbing on anybody.