Police cordon on Division Street - 27/12/2011

Just wandered into town for sales mooch and division street is cordoned off from carver street to just after lloyds with police car on one of

The streets off it. Other than the car no police presence at all. Anyone know what's happenned- and I hope it's not more drinking related trouble like the other night on carver street- I sing the praises on sheffields safe city centre and hope that can continue!

hi,

you beat me to it :D i was wondering the same - cant see ought on net about it

looks like bar related imo as is near a few of them

cheers

dan

h7ahgepj

If you look in the picture, there appears to be what looks like a policeman looking in the bin outside the spar. Maybe it was a reported unattended package and the road was sealed off as a precaution.

It was taped off when I finished work this morning at 4am, with lots of police activity.

It was taped off when I finished work this morning at 4am, with lots of police activity.

Boxing day is known for hassle though isnt it, I thought something might have been on syp website or something by now ???

There's been a stabbing. I overheard a police officer talking.

This does not supprise me one bit , i was on west street and carver street last night and twice i saw the same group of lads causing trouble , and the last time i saw them was outside yates bar just randomly picking on lads on there own who was easy targets and laying into them . I dont want to speculate but i got a feeling it will be the same group of lads as they was out just for trouble.

This is why I never drink in Town, too many drunken idiots causing problems.. Give me one of the nice quiet Pubs in Stannington or Walkley (if they have a Karaoke, quiz or a Pool table, even better IMO) anytime.

thanks for the info adam - idiots the lot of em - doubt they will get caught i guess :/

i do like to go out in centre of town now and again - fortunately not had to come in to contact with morons like this

cheers

dan

thanks for the info adam - idiots the lot of em - doubt they will get caught i guess :/

i do like to go out in centre of town now and again - fortunately not had to come in to contact with morons like this

cheers

dan

I have a feeling they will get caught, i had to pull my wife away as they was fighting in the doorway of yates , which has cameras on the entrance and im sure that area is covered by cctv , i have seen the lads a few times round town in the past , i just hope the person who was stabbed is ok .