Early Pregnancy Unit-Hallamshire Hospital

I've been following this thread without posting, but just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I know there's nothing that anyone can say that will make things better now, so I'll just repeat that miracles can happen. My husband and I are expecting a baby after being told we could never conceive naturally, and I whole heartedly wish the same for you and your wife.

Thank you everyone. On the 3rd of january we found out one of our babies hearts had stopped, we were devastated but we were so very thankful our other baby looked strong and hoped all the wonderfulness from our angel baby would go into our little fighter. on the 9th of january we found it wasnt meant to be, our little fighters heart had also stopped. We were 9 weeks pregnant. Our world fell apart. After 7 years of trying and 3 other ivf cycles we thought this was our chance. Im thankful we got to see them so many times im so proud of them for trying to grow. We will never forget our angels and im proud they lived so long in my wonderful wife.

A little poem my wife keeps in our ivf diary:

We didn't get to feel you kick, or look into your eyes. We didn't hold you in our arms, or hear your little cries.

We didn't get to see your smiles, or even know your names, But you'll always be our babies and we love you just the same.

Thank you so much everyone for your support.

Edited by salts

OK, I'm crying at my desk now. Hope my boss doesn't walk in.

My thoughts are with you both. Stay strong. x

Thank you everyone. On the 3rd of january we found out one of our babies hearts had stopped, we were devastated but we were so very thankful our other baby looked strong and hoped all the wonderfulness from our angel baby would go into our little fighter. on the 9th of january we found it wasnt meant to be, our little fighters heart had also stopped. We were 9 weeks pregnant. Our world fell apart. After 7 years of trying and 3 other ivf cycles we thought this was our chance. Im thankful we got to see them so many times im so proud of them for trying to grow. We will never forget our angels and im proud they lived so long in my wonderful wife.

We didn't get to feel you kick, or look into your eyes. We didn't hold you in our arms, or hear your little cries.

We didn't get to see your smiles, or even know your names, But you'll always be our babies and we love you just the same.

Salts my heart goes out to you mate i know how hard it is to cope with with the death of a baby/babies my twin boys sadly passed away 3 weeks apart in september 2007 Joels heart stopped on the way to Jessops hospital from Chesterfield Hospital and my lad Kieran passed away after an operation to remove a blood clot in his brain failed :(

If you ever need anyone to talk too feel free to pm me my heart and thoughts go out to you and your wife at this very sad time for you i wish you all the very best for the future.

Words can not convey the sympathy I feel for you.

So sorry to hear that salts. Sympathies to you both.

Beautiful & one of the most heart rending things I've ever read.

salts- I have just come across your thread and have spent the last 30mins reading through it with various emotions, from anger to joy and finally to utter devastation upon reading your last comment.

I know I don't even know you but just felt I had to offer you my condolences at this sad time.

Take care. xxx

Beautiful & one of the most heart rending things I've ever read.

It brought tears to my eyes :(

Thank you so much everyone. My wife has to stay in hospital after her operation today, im so proud of her and praying she will be pain free overnight and home tomorrow. Today She is being very well looked after and ive nothing but praise for the staff on G1, G2 and the staff who gave her the anesthetic and let me be in the room when she drifted to sleep, the anesthesiologist was a brilliant bloke. We were afraid they wouldnt be sensitive about our babies but they were and when my wife broke down they were brilliant.

As you know we made a complaint about being left over xmas with no one to scan us, so not knowing how our babies were. Our complaint has been dealt with and i thought i would give you an update.

We had a long discussion with EPU about our disappointment on xmas day at the lack of scanning facility. Firstly i was very impressed with the lady who spoke to us, she listened carefully, showed great understanding and took her time updating us. Things are looking positive for the future of EPU in regards to opening times for scanning, they are currently opening until 7pm for scanning and open (opening-cant remember whether its now or soon) on saturday mornings. With plans for the future for trained nurses to scan on holidays. I was very pleased to hear that although they wont be 365 days a year they are gradually and currently training people and extending their hours! I was very impressed with how they handled our complaint and happy to know people in the future wont suffer as long without being scanned. Great to see a service being improved and listening to its patients. We dont expect things to change quickly because we have to be realisitc but to know things are being improved slowly makes me very proud.

Edited by salts