Sign in to follow this  

Gazza quits Kettering

I see that Gazza has left his position as Manager of Kettering Town - 5 weeks eh, not bad Gazza. The club will not comment on why he has left and just say they want to get a new Manager in place as soon as they can :suspect: :suspect:

Oh well, I cant say im keeping track of Gazzas career anyway.

OMG, i didn't even know he was a manager these days.

Thought he was gone and forgotten in the football world.

Hadn't he invested some of his own money into it to show how serious he was about the task ahead?

drunk in charge of the team!!!!!!

never heard of that one before

He wasn't :o :o :o

Thought he had given up the booze.

Doesn't seem to have got rid of his demons.

What a prat!

Here is the write up from Sky sports...

Imraan Ladak claims that Paul Gascoigne has been "under the influence of alcohol before, during and after several first-team games and training sessions" at Kettering.

The former England hero walked away from the Conference North club after just 39 days in charge although, bizarrely, he subsequently released a statement claiming that he was still "committed" to The Poppies.

Ladak says that he spoke with Gascoigne on Sunday night and was told "I will save you the pleasure of sacking me. I will walk away. I quit."

In an official statement, the Kettering owner revealed: "Unfortunately Paul Gascoigne has been under the influence of alcohol before, during and after several first team games and training sessions.

"I have tried to help Paul through this difficult period but gave an undertaking to the board prior to my takeover that if Paul hit the bottle I would remove him as manager.

"Paul has not reacted well to the news and has made numerous threats that if I do not sell him the club he will use his name and the media to turn the players and supporters against me.

"This has already begun with Paul calling a number of the first team last night, under the influence of alcohol.

"I felt Paul had turned a winning team into a confused and unsettled one by playing players out of position and being drunk on the team bus and in the dressing room for his team talks.

"Paul has made a number of allegations which are unfounded and libelous but all I want is for Paul to seek professional medical assistance for his addictions and to stop taking his frustration out by trying to unsettle this club further.

"I would also like to make clear that I told Paul I would not bring any of this into the public domain unless I was forced to do so.

"Paul was my childhood idol and when sober is a wonderful person. Last night was genuinely the most difficult decision I have had to make, but my head won the battle with my heart. I am shocked and bitterly disappointed by Paul's reaction."

:shakes:

posted by samc

Hadn't he invested some of his own money into it to show how serious he was about the task ahead?

I believe they gave him his 60p back and 200 cans of Carlsberg :thumbsup:

Another idiot alcoholic that will go down the same path as old Georgie boy if he is not carefull.

They never learn do they- and the soon as they give up any dreams about success in the footballing world the better.

Quit now Gazza- there's a good lad.

The last dozen or so times I've seen Gazza on television I've commented that he doesn't look very well at all.

Now news of an alleged 'drink problem' followed by an altercation and arrest in Liverpool last night adds further weight behind my thinking.

Frankly, he looks like a sick man who needs help, and urgently.

Ousetunes,

You are a nice guy in my experience, and your assessment of Gascoigne as 'sick' and 'needing help' reflects your compassionate nature. Personally, I admired the man's wonderful footballing skills which were almost peerless for a short period, but I have always despised his character. He has proved himself time and time again to be an infantile, gurning, vulgar clown , quite unable to control his immature, achingly-unfunny playground humour or to delay gratification [especially that which copious amounts of alcohol obviously bring the oaf]. His many blubberings in public are worthy of a maladjusted teenage girl. One might forgive such character flaws, were it not for his greatest crime. Gascoigne is a wife-beater. There are two things I cannot abide- one is a man who cannot have a drink without turning into a moronic wreck, and the kind of obscene coward that beats women.

Gascoigne is a disgrace to himself, to his family and to British sport. He is surely one of the most pathetic people ever to gain 'celebrity' status or to have worn the England shirt. Kettering are well rid of this demented bloody fool.

Maybe we should all just hold off here until we know the facts as it's not like a football chairman to twist the truth......

I'm not saying either is right or wrong, only that until witnesses have confirmed the allegations then we shouldn't be too quick to judge.