Looking to buy new car

I can vouch for Rovers position, I had one :gag:, I thought Mazda would be a little higher but the top ones are all Japanese aren’t they.

Agree with that as I drive a Honda myself but Mazda surprisingly aren't that great considering there a Jap car, probably the worst jap car but still in the top 6 though.

Anything french avoid.

Your experience is not reflected by independent reviews, which generally label Peugeot's as being very unreliable. Personally, I wouldn't see them as being "safe" in a collision either. They are made of very thin stuff. But good for you that you found differently to this.

You're right there, i wouldn't touch one with a bargepole. I would avoid the modern Peugeot Diesels altogether.

autotrader is a good place to research, then you can get an idea of how much your chosen car is worth

i am looking to buy a new used car. Which is the best Trade garage to buy from or any other places advertising cars that you would recommend, many thanks

have a look on the car people website, or better still go down and see them.:)

You're right there, i wouldn't touch one with a bargepole. I would avoid the modern Peugeot Diesels altogether.

What is the problem with the Peugeot Diesel as far as i know its the same unit used in many different manufactures inc commercial. I have known Berlingo vans with 150 thousand on the clock and still going well,

They wouldn’t happen to have been electrical problems would they.

one problem could be but it's not the only one. this was peugeots last chance and they have failed, i'm surprised ford aren't on the list of reliable cars though, never had a problem with any ford

Get a peugeot most economical, safe and reiable car on road. For family 306, 406, 307 or 407. We're on our 4th now and other three never let us down, two had to be written off due to accidents (not our fault, one of which saved our lives because damage was so bad fire brigade were looking for bodies and we walked away unscathed apart from whiplash) and we sold third to upgrade to 406 which we've now put through four tests and only had to have minor work done to brakes on one and it passed other 3

I drive a peugeot 307 and I can't fault it I think its a reliable car and very economical as well that said my sister drives a toyota yaris also a reliable cheap car to run but as someone else pointed out its a minefield and not really the right way to go about buying a car by taking personal opinions off a forum

Edited by Little Boots
added stuff

I drive a peugeot 307 and I can't fault it I think its a reliable car and very economical as well that said my sister drives a toyota yaris also a reliable cheap car to run but as someone else pointed out its a minefield and not really the right way to go about buying a car by taking personal opinions off a forum

Just stick to Japanese and you will be fine, they are very reliable cars top 6 in that list are all jap.

Hondas are very good cars but I doubt you'd get one for 4K, unless it's quite old. Over here, the rental car agencies are good places to buy cars from. They only keep their cars a year, sometimes less, service them regularly, then sell them off at reasonable prices. Don't know whether they do that in UK.

It's the 4K price tag that makes me nervous. Car prices here in Canada aren't a lot different from UK and you wouldn't get a lot of car for that price. Good luck though.

yep Honda Accord and Toyota Corrolla top the engine reliability index list.

I recently sold a Honda Accord with a fkc'd clutch in less than 24 hours on this forum for its asking price.

if you want to pay cash dont go to direct cars they can be verry funny about it for some reason.

i no someone who works there and they told me about a time when someone walked in with 7 grand in cash and they wouldnt take the bloke on a test drive because he refused the finance offer they wanted him to take

money laundering risks maybe? just a thought like!

autotrader is a good place to look as people have to pay a bit more to advertise so less likely to be sold a problem, and you can customise searches to everything that meets your requirements - e.g if you want a 5dr 2lt manual petrol or whatever else you might find necessary and it will come up with everything. read reviews and comparissions fully and use sites like parkers or glass to check values.

I've bought 1 off autotrader before and have actually bought 3 now off ebay and only one of them was ever a problem - was the first ebay one but i've wised up a little now and ask plenty of questions. that said i did love the car to bits despite its faults. i would recommend you excercise a lot of caution buying off ebay but if you go about it the right way you can get a lot more car for your money