Looking to buy new car

i am looking to buy a new used car. Which is the best Trade garage to buy from or any other places advertising cars that you would recommend, many thanks

If you have a MOTORPOINT in Sheffield,they sell quality almost new cars.I have bought my last 2 from Burnley and are reliable, no heavy sales patter,just wander and look.

If you have a MOTORPOINT in Sheffield,they sell quality almost new cars.I have bought my last 2 from Burnley and are reliable, no heavy sales patter,just wander and look.

What car do want and how much is in the piggy bank.

I've given up on used cars. You are buying someone elses problem. It's amazing what price you can get a new car for. Local Ford dealers will try for £9995 plus for a basic Fiesta. Perry's Ford dealers down south are advertising at £7995 and will deliver free. There are dealers in Sheffield selling year old cars for more than new cars in other areas.

i only have up to £4000, so not asking for something flashy, just a decent family safe car. thanks, had an accident in my Meriva, and its wrote off, so wasn't expecting to buy another car for a while, was saving up, but with what i got paid for my Meriva which was only £1600, they are holding back my excess, even when the other drivers insurance admitted liability, Insurance companies hate paying back without a fight.....hence lack of cash.

I recently bought a new car from Carr Motors, they're based on the Shalesmoor roundabout.

http://www.carrmotors.co.uk

thanks for this, i have just seen something i like on their website, do you think they would take an offer? do they do discounts etc, or take credit card? thanks

thanks for this, i have just seen something i like on their website, do you think they would take an offer? do they do discounts etc, or take credit card? thanks

If you have cash why would you go to a dealer?You will pay a grand over price from a dealer.

Your going about this all wrong,you need to decide what car you want and can afford BEFORE you walk out the door.

If it was me id put a £4,000 cap on a search on ebay and have a look what that money will bring.

Going about it the way you are will end up with you getting either a bad car of your leg lifted but in the next thread it will be the dealers fault :)

if you want to pay cash dont go to direct cars they can be verry funny about it for some reason.

i no someone who works there and they told me about a time when someone walked in with 7 grand in cash and they wouldnt take the bloke on a test drive because he refused the finance offer they wanted him to take

If you have cash you're laughing, and should expect at least 15% off a private sale, or up to 25% from a trader.

Haggle hard, you have the (cash) power.

Get a peugeot most economical, safe and reiable car on road. For family 306, 406, 307 or 407. We're on our 4th now and other three never let us down, two had to be written off due to accidents (not our fault, one of which saved our lives because damage was so bad fire brigade were looking for bodies and we walked away unscathed apart from whiplash) and we sold third to upgrade to 406 which we've now put through four tests and only had to have minor work done to brakes on one and it passed other 3