Wharncliffe Side speed limits

PS

highlighting the word fact doesnt make it one :)

He was highlighting things that you claim are fact though. Things that you subsequently couldn't prove.

I doubt there is another driver to read this post that hasnt seen frequent incidents relating to the above almost on a daily basis yet you dont.How strange!

Where did he say that he didn't see these things? :huh:

it's simple, don't do 50 on the bends. i regulary drive buses on there and i can easily do 50 in them on there without it feeling unsafe, obviously i slow down on the bends to about 35mph same as if i'm in my car

it's simple, don't do 50 on the bends. i regulary drive buses on there and i can easily do 50 in them on there without it feeling unsafe, obviously i slow down on the bends to about 35mph same as if i'm in my car

You mean to say your allowed to monitor and manage the speed of your own vehicle, without the aid of some Govt agency having to tell you when and where to do it?

You can just, like, decide, that you feel the conditions require you to go a bit steadier, and even though the signs say 50 - you can choose to do less, for a minute or two?

I bet your going to tell us next then that you also speed up on the straight bits when you know it's safe to go faster! :lol:

~

I was pondering this thread the other day as I was coming round the top of Jawbone Hill, which is National Speed Limit (60) (yes, I was driving and having a thought about something else at the same time, and i'm still alive to tell the tale!)

- I wondered how many drivers that have shown themselves unable to make such decisions alone, would go ahead and do 60 round this corner, then try and blame the signs.

Mel Gibson was in Signs, let that be a lesson.

You mean to say your allowed to monitor and manage the speed of your own vehicle, without the aid of some Govt agency having to tell you when and where to do it?

You can just, like, decide, that you feel the conditions require you to go a bit steadier, and even though the signs say 50 - you can choose to do less, for a minute or two?

I bet your going to tell us next then that you also speed up on the straight bits when you know it's safe to go faster! :lol:

~

I was pondering this thread the other day as I was coming round the top of Jawbone Hill, which is National Speed Limit (60) (yes, I was driving and having a thought about something else at the same time, and i'm still alive to tell the tale!)

- I wondered how many drivers that have shown themselves unable to make such decisions alone, would go ahead and do 60 round this corner, then try and blame the signs.

i know it's amazing isn't it, who'd of thought we'd be allowed to do that:)

Where did he say that he didn't see these things? :huh:

He was highlighting things that you claim are fact though. Things that you subsequently couldn't prove.

Do you ever hit that point in a 'debtate' where you think "Whats the point?"

;)

~

the bend at the top of jawbone is hardly comparable with the bends in Wharncliffe side ,which are hardly bends at all ,and are easily navigated at 50 or 60 MPH without any problems at all. The Jawbone bend is more of a U-turn with a 200 ft drop on one side , than a bend .:hihi:

Do you ever hit that point in a 'debtate' where you think "Whats the point?"

;)

Usually the moment before I hit the Submit Reply button.

Usually the moment before I hit the Submit Reply button.

Evidently I don't have your admirable level of restraint...

Evidently I don't have your admirable level of restraint...

Well I think I probably end up actually submitting a tenth of what I type, I often find myself sat hammering at the keys with a venting spleen, then I hove over the Submit button, take a deep breath, consider who is really going to give a rats' ass, then hit the back button.

I must admit it does worry me somewhat, with the ever-reducing speed limits on almost all of our roads, that we are going to end up with a generation of people who have no experience of driving at above 50mph, and indeed according both to this thread and to the fact that I often get stuck behind them, there are already plenty who are incapable of driving at above 40 mph. What will happen when they go on the motorway - will it be complete carnage?

Did you notice that your post went unresponded to although its pretty much a fair statement and to some of us makes a worrying point.

Seems many of the posters arnt up for reasonable debate but are up for bumping their own ego's.

Im sure like me you can easily spot the drivers you wouldnt want to be a passenger beside from their posts and more worrying these people are on our roads left unchecked other than where their speedo points.