Which Christmas song takes you back.

A bit early to be talking Chrismas??? However, my favourite was always Mel Torme;s "Christmas Song" until I heard Michael :love: Buble sing "Grown up Christmas Wish". That certainly rings all my bells !;)

A bit early to be talking Chrismas??? However, my favourite was always Mel Torme;s "Christmas Song" until I heard Michael :love: Buble sing "Grown up Christmas Wish". That certainly rings all my bells !;)

When a child is born as I was pregnant at christmas and I appeared on Radio sheffield the day after Marti caine appeared and was one of 12 of my favourate songs...........x

Noel Noel CURRIE is KING of Sheffield springs to mind also Ho come all ye faithfull ho come ye ho come ye to Bramall ln is another only 90 odd days to go MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

"Merry Christmas Everyone by Slade."

Mine to, takes me back to many great pub nights out at Christmas.

Ditto. Rising Sun juke box nethergreen.

O christmas tree.My daughter came home from school each year at christmas time saying she was going to be in the christmas show as a cow/donkey ect in the nativity,never an angel or mary.So this perticular year she said,im a tree in the christmas show! I said,great going (yawn).I went to see the concert,and she was THE STAR OF THE SHOW! Dressed as a christmas tree all the kids danced around her decorated her with tinsel whilst singing o christmas tree! Boy did i cry that day! So proud!:)

"Merry Christmas Everyone by Slade."

Mine to, takes me back to many great pub nights out at Christmas.

Going out @ Chrimbo in 70's & 80's was legendary, Fairytale of New York love it also.

I saw her with a brass quartet performing this (and joined in) live last Christmas. It is on her Christmas CD, including lots of local carols.

Sweet Bells includes lots of the words of 'When Shepherds Watched Their Flocks' but to a completely different tune.

If you like the real local Xmas tunes,try listening to Humble Swain a local group of singers singing local carols if that does not remind you of a local Xmas I don't know what would!

John Fowler has CDs..2331467, all proceeds to local charities.

To be reminded of the older christmas songs and carols. The handbell ringers have an evening on a saturday just before Christmas it will bring back lots of memories. look up on line under , Ecclesfield hand bell ringers.

We always used to sing a carol called "Sweet Bells". I think this was sometimes called the Sheffield Carol, and I know Kate Rusby has recorded it on a CD.

Does anyone else remember this one?

I remember Dr Ian Russell, who took us for music at Hunters Bar, teaching us a version of While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks, that incorperated Sweet Bells as a chorus.

Sweet bells, sweet chiming Christmas bells,

They cheer us on our heavenly way,

Sweet chiming bells.

If you like the real local Xmas tunes,try listening to Humble Swain a local group of singers singing local carols if that does not remind you of a local Xmas I don't know what would!

John Fowler has CDs..2331467, all proceeds to local charities.

I'm not from Sheffield originally, so I've discovered all of this since moving up here from the Black Country, home of Slade, where all traditional Christmas songs seem to have been replaced by the dulcet tones of a certain Mr Holder and his chums.

This is one of the local traditions of which Sheffielders should be rightfully proud :)