Rock Karaoke Returns to the Nelson Rock Bar Monday 9th January 2012

The Nelson will be bringing back the Rock Karaoke on a monday night from 9th January. come and blast out your favourite rock anthems and have a few drinks!

Sounds like a plan, I'll be coming down to support it :thumbsup:

As much as I'd like to, last time I went to the Nelson I was refused entry, some idiot Bouncer thought I was drunk, I wasn't! I'd been on J2Os all night in the Sportsman (Cambridge St), I just sometimes walk like I am due to disability.

I am, been DJing for about 17 years, into rock music, there will be no Kylie etc lol...

What's your position on Meat Loaf and/or Cher? Not that I'll be attending due to the aforementioned numpty door staff, just wondered is all..

They have a few decent songs each, but not really my cup of tea, sort of things I would listen to vary, Foo fighters, chilis, green day, blink 182, guns n roses, nirvana, free, black Sabbath, hawkwind, Volbeat, Metallica, drop kick Murphys, pearl jam, ugly kid Joe, reef, blur, arctic monkeys, rage against the machine, system of a down, bowling for soup, reel big fish etc etc etc (but I'm always up for extra education lol)

as for door staff, I wouldn't know about that side of things, as I've not encountered problems personally x

Edited by Breedj01
spelling correction

Worth a try.

One of the rock pubs I frequent has started playing top 40, so I may give it a wide birth.

However, there can only be one rockokie DJ and everyone knows who that is :)

If you mean Andy, he said he'll come in, and please don't write people off before you've seen them.

Its a bit like Highlanda,

"there can only be one rockoke DJ"

the Quickening has begun

As much as I'd like to, last time I went to the Nelson I was refused entry, some idiot Bouncer thought I was drunk, I wasn't! I'd been on J2Os all night in the Sportsman (Cambridge St), I just sometimes walk like I am due to disability.

Rich, how do you find time to get out and about inbtween 26,394 posts