Does anyone take Ramipril tablets ?

I take 5 mg each day for high blood pressure. I seem to get itching on my back and under the soles of my feet. I wondered if this could be a side effect of the drug. I dare not come off them as my blood pressure would go up, but if it doesnt stop I will ask my GP, to take me off them, and try another drug for High blood pressure. Does anyone else take this drug, and have side effects ?

I have taken them for years with no side effects.

I take 5 mg each day for high blood pressure. I seem to get itching on my back and under the soles of my feet. I wondered if this could be a side effect of the drug. I dare not come off them as my blood pressure would go up, but if it doesnt stop I will ask my GP, to take me off them, and try another drug for High blood pressure. Does anyone else take this drug, and have side effects ?

I take these but dont have the symptoms that you are having, have you read the data sheet as to what side effects you may get, just had a look in my packet but must have thrown the sheet away. Reading some of the side effects you can get with medication is quite an eye opener, I take some eye drops, side effect, can cause heart failure, very disturbing when you read the sheets..

It could be down to the fact its a new drug to your system, leave it a few weeks to see if it disappears, if not, contact your doctor :)

If I remember correctly, my shins used to itch like mad whilst I was taking this. I also think this could be the one that gave me a bad cough for months.

If I remember correctly, my shins used to itch like mad whilst I was taking this. I also think this could be the one that gave me a bad cough for months.

Looked the drug up on Google tonight and both these things you had are side effects of the drug.

It could be down to the fact its a new drug to your system, leave it a few weeks to see if it disappears, if not, contact your doctor :)

Ive been on it for over six months now WW, and the itching has only begun in the last few weeks.

I've got the irritating cough thing - had it since I started taking it. I itch a bit, but then again I have thyroid problems too, and that's a side effect of that. I also have dry and sore eyes, which is a side effect of the medication ....I'm falling apart!! Hope you get it sorted - it's not major, is it, but it's bloomin' irritating.

I take 10mg a day and sometimes having to take them makes my blood boil, what with simvastatin, ernteric aspirin, anlodipine, paracetomol I can afford to miss a meal.:D

Yes for the last 10 years or so. Ask your quack to put you on a different tablet, I believe there are several different brands.

Angel.

I take 10mg a day and sometimes having to take them makes my blood boil, what with simvastatin, ernteric aspirin, anlodipine, paracetomol I can afford to miss a meal.:D

Aye, same as me, it would take ten minutes to write them all down, I must be costing the NH a fortune in blumin tablets.

Angel.

I used to take Atenolol for blood pressure until it was found to be a possible cause, and not a prevetative, of strokes.

I had them changed and i am now on Ramipril and Felopidine. I have been on these for the last 3 years and although not itching, i seem to have never stopped coughing. The doctor as sent me for scans and xrays and nothing as been found. The only thing he can suggest is that it is most certainly a side effect of the Ramipril, he then went on to say i will have to continue coughing as the alternative tablet costs £3 a shot and the practice can't afford it.

Unless i get worse, of course:roll: