Sign in to follow this  

Low back pain - remedies!!

Any idea how to remedy low back pain?? I've twisted my back taking furniture to the tip a couple of days ago so now the lowest part of my back is suffering!!

Not going to the doctor as it's clearly not serious and I'm sure they're busy with more pressing ailments at this time of year. Just wondering if there are ways to get rid of this more quickly.

i suffer from back pain a fair bit, what ive found that works the most is for pain releif diclofenac (prescription only) but to actually get rid of the bad back , keep moving, i know it hurts and i hate it myself as all you want to do is lay down pain free, but movement is the best cure and i swear by it

An Internet forum isn't the best place to get medical advice as what suits one person may not suit another. Also, there may be an underlying reason for the back pain.

However, if I were in your position I would use some sort of pain relief and, as mentioned, keep moving where possible. Unfortunately for me, I can't take non-inflammatory tablets but, when I could, I found Ibuprofen used to help a lot. Last time I hurt my back, I ended up taking a codeine based pain killer. I did go to the doctors in the end and he gave me more codeine - only stronger.

As with all pain relief - take care. Ibuprofen can damage your stomach. Codeine can be addictive and can cause constipation.