Dogs free to a good home

I wonder why people think so too? I can't see any evidence to suggest it but who knows, all we can really do is to take it at face value, sadly its her own dog and she can do as she pleases.

When animals are not wanted though they are better off and happier somewhere that they are IMO .

I'm not disputing or disregarding the dangers of giving dogs and other animals away though, I hope that he gets a nice new home for Xmas.

So do I, but the chances of that dog going somewhere good are unlikely when the current "owner" has known him for a few days and the main criteria for rehoming appears to be that he must go today.

I will be losing my old girl tomorrow - the vet is coming to put her out of her pain once and for all - and I am so far spending the evening weeping like a child. I have no idea how some people can treat dogs with such indifference as the "free to good home" bunch appear to

The thing that worries me aswell is these "in experienced" idiots getting a dog, not being able to cope/afford to feed it and then advertising it singing the dogs praises on how well behaved it is and how good it is with other pets and children, then some other idiot who decides to get a dog on a "whim" takes the dog home, The dog hasnt been temperment checked or anything, a child or other pet could be hurt. I still say something needs doing about "scum" owning dogs and then passing them on to another scumbag, i always think of the dog licence but how it would be policed im not sure but something needs doing, its too easy to own a dog now a days and thats scarey and sad :(

The thing that worries me aswell is these "in experienced" idiots getting a dog, not being able to cope/afford to feed it and then advertising it singing the dogs praises on how well behaved it is and how good it is with other pets and children, then some other idiot who decides to get a dog on a "whim" takes the dog home, The dog hasnt been temperment checked or anything, a child or other pet could be hurt. I still say something needs doing about "scum" owning dogs and then passing them on to another scumbag, i always think of the dog licence but how it would be policed im not sure but something needs doing, its too easy to own a dog now a days and thats scarey and sad :(

I think you're right about the "something" but I'm not sure what that is either; in the current political climate we are unlikely to see additional regulatory restrictions in any field, so a licensing regime is unlikely. My general (completely un-thought through, gut instinct) thoughts are mandatory neutering/spaying and some sort of licence for having an intact dog. Again, though, the regulatory compliance work needed there would be costly and not something that I think the state would fund right now.

I was looking on pre-loved a couple of weeks ago and the number of "dogs for stud" on there, without any sort of qualifying reason that they were for stud, was depressing. It really does all make me despair

I dont think she will have any problem with the dog being taken for free where she lives, I did a home check up there some time ago and there were all sorts of yobs strutting their stuff in the local park with bull breeds and xs.

Loads of people advertise free to good home,esp on gumtree...even ads saying make me an offer!pfttt!

Edited by spotty dog
spelling

Does anyone know if this pup has been rehomed, I have pmd the woman but she has not replied, may be able to get him collected and fostered if all else fails.

Hope that's a wind up.... wolfhound/mastiff cross? What was someone thinking? Oh wait, it was probably along the lines of 'I've got a tiny micro penis and need to make up for it by creating a huge dog so I can look well 'ard and make a few quid along the way'

I think you're right about the "something" but I'm not sure what that is either; in the current political climate we are unlikely to see additional regulatory restrictions in any field, so a licensing regime is unlikely. My general (completely un-thought through, gut instinct) thoughts are mandatory neutering/spaying and some sort of licence for having an intact dog. Again, though, the regulatory compliance work needed there would be costly and not something that I think the state would fund right now.

I was looking on pre-loved a couple of weeks ago and the number of "dogs for stud" on there, without any sort of qualifying reason that they were for stud, was depressing. It really does all make me despair

I agree with you but the problem is i think, If you start making people have there dogs spayed/neutered or having a licence vets would need to be involved somewhere along the lines to help monitor and report problems which would then lead to dogs owed by scum avoiding vets, sick and ill dogs being dumped etc. I dont know what the answer is but i am truly sick to death of stupid people getting dogs and then thinking its ok to "get rid", How they do it i dont know i could never get rid of my dog, Hes 21 months old, chewed my house up,clothes allsorts but i love him and hes part of my family now :)

Could there be some sort of license that must be held to breed dogs, perhaps?

And a breeder without this should be fined or punished in some sort of way?

Could there be some sort of license that must be held to breed dogs, perhaps?

And a breeder without this should be fined or punished in some sort of way?

Yes but how would it be policed? What would stop people (scum) from breeding there dog and selling the pups by word of mouth? Its a hard problem to solve because the people that cause the problem are irresponsible idiots who wouldnt abide by a law anyway :huh:

Yes but how would it be policed? What would stop people (scum) from breeding there dog and selling the pups by word of mouth? Its a hard problem to solve because the people that cause the problem are irresponsible idiots who wouldnt abide by a law anyway :huh:

RSPCA and other such officials, i guess, implementing it.

Education to people when buying pups that reputable breeders and perhaps then lawful breeders are those holding the license? Any pups brought from a illegal breeder are to be reported?

Much like KC registered pups i guess, but they only need a license. Could possibly help cut down backyard breeders?

I know the genuine germans shepherd breeders compy with the Breeders Charter, this is voluntary however but if anyone is buying a gsd its worth asking if they have signed the breeders charter. But how many others out there are breeding just for the sake. Heard news yesterday of a dog in wales dumped on a cold mountainside with a pup hanging from her, she was found by a walker who got attention for her asap, looked like she was going to recover then died. She was found to be full of dead pups, they were obviously poisoning her system and that killed her. Dreadful, then this morning a little boy looks cross staffie dumped on someones doorstep to die. It just goes on and on. GSD found dumped and dead at a nature reserve, dog found dumped in sea to die.

I dont think the RSPCA would do much to stop the situations , I have completely lost faith in them, not the people who genuinely try to help animals its their policies and non help in emergency situations that I dont trust anymore plus the killing of 10 gsds with bolt gun before they were even properly assessed. My charity donation to them is stopping in the new year.