Missing Xmas Post ?

I have worked there for 2 years as a temp in the sorting office and we do not steal! We can have our bags and bodies searched at any time.

Maybe not you but some deffo do.

Here we go again..:rolleyes: Think this should be a sticky then it can be used every year to save the numerous threads already posted....

Edited by pacman123

im in s2 and have recieved the only card that was posted to me so not all posties are bad there are always a few bad eggs in every job tho

I am in S12, so not too far away....

5 days for a 1st class birthday card from Chesterfield, however overnight for a 2nd class wage slip???

We had some christmas cards delivered yesterday in lovely plastic bags with apologies from royal mail that someone had torn open the cards looking for money etc.

Luckily none of my friends or relatives are stupid enough to put money/gifts in cards and to trust royal mail and their wonderful, presumeably temporary, xmas staff.

Put in a formal complaint and demand compensation.

At last someone talking sense. I get so fed up of all the Royal Mail bashing, just wait til its privatised and you are paying 3,4 or 5 times the price for a worse service. Think of British Rail, British Gas, YEB need I go on.

As for Amazon packets, we send loads back cos labels have come off in the bag, and as we can't match them to their packets they go back. not all but a lot.

The service from royal mail is pathetic.At one Sheffield sorting office one Sat a few months ago, we waited 35 mins for two staff to tell us they were unable to find a package that had been there 2 days!!

Unbelievable.

The worker was unable to copy down our mobile number, three people repeating to him certain digits as he did not get it at all.

It's always like this at this time of year but has been particularly bad this year. Royal Mail set up their own agency to take on temps and it's been an absolute shambles, the temps haven't been paid and probably won't be until after Xmas.

It doesn't excuse stealing but you can see why there is no incentive for the temps NOT to steal when that is the case.

No i do not see a lack of incentive for them to not steal. Thieves are the lowest of the low.:gag:

I am in S12, so not too far away....

5 days for a 1st class birthday card from Chesterfield, however overnight for a 2nd class wage slip???

There are a million and one reasons why this can happen. A lot of mail issues arise with handwritten addresses, where the machines misread the postcode.

For example, a lot of mail for Stevenage ends up in Rotherham because the postcode SG1 gets identified as S61, and vice versa.

Also incorrect spacing of the postcode can cause issues. Eg S6 1AA is identified as S61 when written as S61AA.

Edited by F1nutter

The package to be delivered to STannington from Amazon has come this morning... Now I'll be able to play Xbox 360 in the Utility room :D

4 separate items bought and paid for on ebay (Christmas presents) despached on 14th-15th Dec and not one has arrived. Someone apparently bought me a book from amazon for Christmas a week or more ago, no sign of that either.

Edited by Dreamsickle

As mentioned on a previous post i work at royal mail for the Christmas period, we process tens of thousands of letters every day at the sorting office, I have only seen one item of money in nearly 5 weeks and that was duly handed in so please don't tar everybody with the same brush. Sending money in the post is foolish, along with poor wrapping (seriously Christmas wrapping paper, tesco carriers, very flimsy brown paper are not suitable). Not using the post code, bad writing, red envelopes, especially written on in those stupid metallic ink pens, all slow up the process.

My bold.

Posted 2 cards last night, stuck them in the post box at 4.55pm

Cheap red envelopes

written on in silver

They made it, unopened, to London, for 9am today :)

4 separate items bought and paid for on ebay (Christmas presents) despached on 14th-15th Dec and not one has arrived. Someone apparently bought me a book from amazon for Christmas a week or more ago, no sign of that either.

I'm in S1, by the way.

I got a package today, that I bought on Tuesday, but, 3 items I bought from the same seller last week haven't arrived as yet!