Contact lens problem.

Boots optician on queens road might have some. Asda are pretty good and theres also tesco. Maybe a smaller company like martyn kemp might have some. Theres optical express in meadowhal too. Id get a phone book and ring them someone might have some or get some in 48 hours fingers crossed!

:confused:do not think any main optician would let anybody have contact lenses without proof of up to date contact lense check .Very iresponsable :confused: Your only chance is internet :love:

:help: Put your prescription details on forum see if any other wearer has any :help:

Gas permeable - didnt realise they still did those - used to have them myself and my goodness I wouldnt go back to them.

Try specsavers hun but i cant see many opticians stocking the gas permeable lenses in as they are so out dated now.

Maybe it might be an opportunity to try the softer lenses - much more comfortable to wear imo.

Good luck though and hope you get sorted one way or another :)

Spider- you read too much into this without trying to make sense of it. first tell me would you go to an optician and spend 15.pounds on a contact lense check to find they didnt have the ones you want in stock? Thought not best thing to do is to ring and check they do them before having a check done with them! Simples! Obviously not to you though

Spider- you read too much into this without trying to make sense of it. first tell me would you go to an optician and spend 15.pounds on a contact lense check to find they didnt have the ones you want in stock? Thought not best thing to do is to ring and check they do them before having a check done with them! Simples! Obviously not to you though

:huh: Y0u know as well as me you are not going to get G P lenses at such a late date ; I am sure you could get some kind of soft lenses of the shelf . I wore G P lenses for 25 yrs and they told me soft lenses would not work with my type of prescription ..What a load of rubbish now been wearing soft lenses for 10 years There has been vast improvement in soft lenses and it carries on improving every month :)

:huh: Y0u know as well as me you are not going to get G P lenses at such a late date ; I am sure you could get some kind of soft lenses of the shelf . I wore G P lenses for 25 yrs and they told me soft lenses would not work with my type of prescription ..What a load of rubbish now been wearing soft lenses for 10 years There has been vast improvement in soft lenses and it carries on improving every month :)

Was told exactly same thing 2 yrs ago that 'soft lenses would not work with my type of prescription' - not wanting to give name but they are in Meadowhell with initials V. E., something like Image Rapid.

Not been back since but had no problems at all with soft lenses.

Was told exactly same thing 2 yrs ago that 'soft lenses would not work with my type of prescription' - not wanting to give name but they are in Meadowhell with initials V. E., something like Image Rapid.

Not been back since but had no problems at all with soft lenses.

:confused: hi i wear acuvue moist at the moment I went to asda for yearly check up and every thing was fine .They asked me if i would mind tryling a new lense acuvue True Eyes and giving my opinion on them gave me a months supply free . I beleve this is a promotion by acuvue . Ask your supplier if you you would like to try them :)

It depends, I called Boots and they said if I had a registered with them they would sort me out with a pair if they had some spare, but I wasn't.

In future though I recommend a site called DaySoft I've been ordering them there for months and they're always really good.

I pay about £9.99 for a months supply of daily disposables so I the situation you're in doesn't occur.

Hi all.

Had an absolute nightmare at the weekend and ruined the only pair of lenses i have.

My eyesight is terrible and I've worn hard (gas permeable) contact lenses for over 30 years. Really lost without them.

I have an appointment today at the opticians but don't hold much hope in getting sorted before Xmas.

Anyone know of an optician who keeps any sort of 'emergancy' spare lenses in stock ?

(i know that its highly unlikely they'd have anything near my prescribed lenses but id take anything near as a temporary measure for the time being).

Many thanx

Hi - Daybell&Choo at Hunters Bar have a supply of stock lenses, including GP I'm pretty sure!!

I've had GP lenses for yonks and think they are great.

You can still GP lenses - though if you go somewhere like Specsavers I've noticed the newer opticians don't seem to know much about them which might explain some of the comments on here.

You can get GP lenses on a regular replacement by direct debit at Daybell& Choo so you always the backup of your last pair of lenses which won't be too old to use if you lose your new ones - just store the old ones in DRY case.

:rant: I to used to wear hard lenses but times move on . Am sure you could be sorted out with some soft lenses .Acuvue do a new lense called True Eyes they are made out of silocone [ I THink ] I get my lenses from Asda at handsworth they charge 15 pounds for consultation and then free checks for life They are cheaper than E/bay and you will never have any problems again that will not be sorted out straight away . You could have gone in this morning and they would have given you some emergency lenses free of charge :confused:

I didn't think any of the soft lenses were gas permeable. Its a while since I wore lenses so perhaps they have invented some now. I went from soft lenses to hard GP lenses so I could wear them all day on a long shift. The soft ones can dry up with air conditioning and stick to your eye. Your blink rate slows as they day goes on or if you are staring at a screen or driving so yur eye get dry. I did wear those new moisture retentive soft lenses when they came out but they are still not the same as GP ones and can't be cleaned as well so don't last as long.

Hope you get sorted. I once lost one of my lenses when I rubbed my eye so I always carried an emergency pair of specs after that!