Suarez- guilty as charged

What an idiot Suarez is. It may not be a bad thing to say in his 'culture', but what's wrong with calling him by his name? He has got one.

if it was a one off comment you could probably say evra could have ignored him, but he repeated it and it was obviously intending winding evra up doing so. Evra has also admitted some name calling in retalliation. the next NW derby between the two is going to be interesting now!

i hope JT gets same treatment !!

but surely when suarez admitted using the term (even if he claimed it isnt racist in his culture) then thats the proof on its own?

Proof that he said a specific word, sure.

In Suarez's country, that word is not racist. In England, it's not even a word, it has no meaning at all. So what is the charge against him, exactly?

Proof that he said a specific word, sure.

In Suarez's country, that word is not racist. In England, it's not even a word, it has no meaning at all. So what is the charge against him, exactly?

That's just clutching at straws in all fairness.

There are plenty of words that by themselves are not racist, but you make them racist in how you use them. Why would Suarez have needed to say that to him?

The word 'black' isn't racist. The word 'bitch' isn't racist. Yet if that was said to a black person, it would obviously be deemed as racist.

That's just clutching at straws in all fairness.

It's a fairly hefty straw in legal terms; any competent lawyer could drive a tractor through the FA's judgment if it's based on nothing more than his use of a Spanish word.

if it was a one off comment you could probably say evra could have ignored him, but he repeated it and it was obviously intending winding evra up doing so. Evra has also admitted some name calling in retalliation. the next NW derby between the two is going to be interesting now!

I assume Evra will also be getting a ban for racist language as well? He admitted being racist in Spanish but I guarantee both Evra and John Terry get away with it.

If we were guilty of racism at work then we would be fired. If Suarez is guilty then why an 8 match ban and small fine? The ban will be reduced on appeal to 2-4 games. Foul and abusive language which the FA claim is the charge is only a 2 game ban. It's 6 games for spitting (which Suarez didn't do). However after the FAs recent backing of Shrek I would assume all bans will be appealed.

I'm not saying Suarez isn't guilty but there was no video evidence. Just Evras word. There is apparently video evidence against Terry, but as he is England Captain, I reckon he will get away with it. After all the Euros are next year and the FA wanted all their best players to be picked. If Terry is guilty then how can FA condone him going to Euros? They have already backed a arrogant little **** after his kick out. Are they willing to do it again?

Suarez is mixed race from an ethnic minority so I'm not sure how what he said can be construed as racist.

This is what Gus poyet said about that word:

"In Uruguay it is a nickname for someone whose skin is darker than the rest," he explains. "It is not offensive. Such people are part of our society. We will defend them, go to war with them, share everything with them, and at the same time use that word. But I do understand that in England the word is used differently, so we have to pay attention how we use it. We need to adapt. Do we as foreigners need to adapt more to England than England to us? Yes, of course. That's common sense. I know things Luis Suarez does not know because I have been here 14 years. So let's use common sense and give the kid a chance."

Plus we don't know if he said it 15 times over the whole match or just in an outburst. Maybe a case of cultural differences then, rather than Suarez being a racist.

Suarez is mixed race from an ethnic minority so I'm not sure how what he said can be construed as racist.

That old chestnut. Are you saying that racism is OK depending on what race the person is that says it? It should be stamped out regardless.

I too don't think Suarez is racist, but there is still no need for what he said and it's good that they are sending a message out. Really, what need is there for any player to mention another player's skin colour/tone? It really doesn't matter whether the term used is 'offensive' by itself. If you're having an argument with someone and brign up their skin colour, it is definitely a slur.

i hope john terry is found guilty of a similar offence & given similar treatment from the F.A

I don't. I really hope John Terry is not a racist, nor do I wish that any sort of racism is in football.

If it turns out that that he is guilty, then by all means, give them a similar punishment, but to want him to be found guilty is ludicrous.

No, it should be stamped out, regardless of who says it to who.

The notion that is 'acceptable' is ridiculous.

That old chestnut. Are you saying that racism is OK depending on what race the person is that says it? It should be stamped out regardless.

I too don't think Suarez is racist, but there is still no need for what he said and it's good that they are sending a message out. Really, what need is there for any player to mention another player's skin colour/tone? It really doesn't matter whether the term used is 'offensive' by itself. If you're having an argument with someone and brign up their skin colour, it is definitely a slur.

What did he say? was it an argument? context is important. Only Evra and Suarez knows.

Allegedly he said 'negrito' in some context or other. We've established that that word has a different meaning in Uruguay. Its not even a word in English!

Plus, Suarez has been involved in racism campaigns himself, why would he be racially abusing players?

No, racism is not OK.

But in this case I'm not convinced what he said was racial abuse. Looks more like a witchhunt from the F.A.