Value washing powder

A bit off topic I suppose but that is a really good tip as I have a cat with allergies and we really cannot find what he's allergic to, I will definitely try the Asda food, hopefully it might save him steroid injections several times a year, fingers crossed anyway...cheers Moosey :thumbsup:

It was loosely on topic :)

What symptoms does he have? Ours still has regular steroids even now, as he has mental problems (he's on cat prozac), but when he ate beef or dairy, he would get what I can only describe as sores on his head and occasionally his body. We went through loads of blood tests, and found allergies to beef and dairy, so now he's on burns dry food, and Asda wet food, and has no more problems. Could be worth a try on that combination perhaps? Hope it works for you as I know how costly steroids are!

(Aware this isn't a cat thread - sorry OP :) )

It was loosely on topic :)

What symptoms does he have? Ours still has regular steroids even now, as he has mental problems (he's on cat prozac), but when he ate beef or dairy, he would get what I can only describe as sores on his head and occasionally his body. We went through loads of blood tests, and found allergies to beef and dairy, so now he's on burns dry food, and Asda wet food, and has no more problems. Could be worth a try on that combination perhaps? Hope it works for you as I know how costly steroids are!

(Aware this isn't a cat thread - sorry OP :) )

He is a white cat which I believe are more prone to allergies, he get hot spots all over his head and body and then he seriously bites and scratches himself until he bleeds and his fur thins, he looks terrible, the steroids have also made him put on lots of weight I so wish that we could do without them as I'm sure it will shorten his life in the long term.

Just to get this back on topic from the cat food replies, I've used Sainsburys Basics washing powder and it seems fine. It's worth a try to save money:thumbsup: