The Sci fi and fantasy films take over.

I'm always surprised when I hear of objection on religious grounds to any Sci fi. / Fantasy Film or story, after all they are what it say's on the tin "Fantasy and fiction", for any one to say they fear them is in fact saying a lot about their faith in their own beliefs...

There seems to be no shortage of minority groups, self appointed guardians of our morals, who want to control our lives and thoughts, the faceless ones behind all these politically correct edicts....

Edited by grinder

With regard to films not being made due to religious zealots being offended, my argument is allways, if you think it might offend... dont watch it, its as simple as that. Any film ever made could offend a person if they didnt like the subject matter, I could say I dont like star trek cos it dont ever make any mention of god or that theres aliens in the plot and aliens arent in the bible, this would of course be ridiculous, but no more ridiculous than saying a man born a couple of thousand people was said to have performed miracles and that apparantly he walked on water. Now thats a prepostorous story if ever there was one and yet people believe it so whole heartadly that they would happily stone a person to death for saying it was not so. This world has gone insane where the freedom of speech is being taken away to appease screwball nutcases who get aggrived over any little thing. I think a sense of balance is needed to ensure the zealots in all forms dont get to ruin everything for us all. Otherwise how long before they stop any kind of moral creativity which has theology as a central premise.

Great to see they've made a film of what as a callow youth was my favorite sci-fi book series, Edger rice Burroughs, John Carter .

After reading all his Tarzan books, I found "Princess of Mars" and back then it ticked all the boxes, for me it was Flash Gordon plus, I loved it, and read the whole series..

Don't know how close to the original story the film is, but for me this is one story that they couldn't have done Justice too until the special effect had reach today's standards...

Edited by grinder