Outstanding parking

By the local plod.

A narrow road with a path either side.

Loads of parking spaces on the parking side of the road.

So where do plod park?

Yup. All four wheels on a path completely blocking it so everyone is having to walk in the road.

Right NEXT to a vacant parking space.

Nice one:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Dumballs, I hate the people who seem to have too many cars to fit on their drive so they let one hang right over the path making women with prams walk on the road or through dog crap covered grass.

By the local plod.

A narrow road with a path either side.

Loads of parking spaces on the parking side of the road.

So where do plod park?

Yup. All four wheels on a path completely blocking it so everyone is having to walk in the road.

Right NEXT to a vacant parking space.

Nice one:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Isn't it illegal to park on the public pavement?

No, but it's illegal to drive on the pavement.

So the cars are air-lifted on to the pavement?

I believe you are wrong.

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_069860

Well ive left them a note anyway.

I told them that this sort of low level anti social behaviour wouldnt be acceptable from a member of the public and so isnt from them.

I was even feeling brave enough to put my name and address on it.

but this is Sheffield, not London....

257. In London it is an offence to park on a pavement unless signs indicate that it is specifically permitted. Throughout the rest of the country there is no national law that bans parking by cars and small vehicles on the pavement.[212] A council wishing to ban pavement parking in a specific area can use Traffic Regulation Orders to this effect.

So the cars are air-lifted on to the pavement?

I don't write the laws :|

257. In London it is an offence to park on a pavement unless signs indicate that it is specifically permitted. Throughout the rest of the country there is no national law that bans parking by cars and small vehicles on the pavement.[212] A council wishing to ban pavement parking in a specific area can use Traffic Regulation Orders to this effect.

Mad....

http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/articles/parking-on-a-pavement-watch-out-for-new-laws

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmselect/cmtran/748/74815.htm

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Parking on the pavement is the only choice on many roads where I live, they're so narrow that if everyone parked on the road no other cars and most importantly emergency services would ever get through.

Resulting in an old dude who lives down the road from me would now be dead, so I say park on the pavement / grass verges and allow ambulances to get through.