Rutland Arms Hotel Baslow

Anyone eaten here recently?

It got a good write-up in one of the regional magazines for its food, but it's not a pub I've ever set foot in personally.

I did make an enquiry about dining there one saturday evening and was informed that they stop serving at 9pm so we would have to be placing our order by 8pm latest. That kind of ruled it out for us as we aren't likely to get away from home much before then, what with having baby-sitting to organise.

But I'd be interested to know if it's somewhere worth venturing for a tasty lunch maybe?

I haven't been but the menu looks very tempting..... http://www.rutlandarmsbakewell.co.uk/the-menu-this-week-c18.html

Whoops! Looks like I was looking at the wrong Rutland Arms.

I don't think the one in Baslow would be worth the trip for me in all fairness. It looks ok, but there is as good, if not better, pub grub closer to Sheffield.

It's crummy. Very busy pub but I really don't know why. Mediocre pub food at its worst.