And the Christmas lights go up!

drove from home up to graves park this afternoon at about 4.30pm.....there are LOADS of houses all decked out with lights, santas etc etc...... looked quite amazing!

one or two look a little over done, most look quite good - kids loved em anyway!!

so.......what do you think about them?

yeah, there's a road near us - Abbeydale Park Rise - the houses near the bottom make a real good effort. The trees by the road side look sooo pretty. Drove down there tonight and yes, they've already done the works. :clap::partyhat:

There is a pair of houses on the way up to Manor Top from town that is absolutely ablaze with every sort of light you could imagine. Hate to think what their electric bill will be like!

Yes, there are a few of the tower houses on Blackstock Road going up towards Norton all lit up - my boyf called it Santa's Grotto - and the bottom of Standon Road at Wincobank is like a mini Golden Mile.

I don't mind stuff like Santas and snowmen but I find inflatables, especially the Homer-Simpson-dressed-as-santa a bit OTT.

Have to agree with Parcher - the two houses opposite Manor Club on City Road are.............indescribable really, the residents have to work for the YEB - thats my theory and I'm sticking with it:heyhey:

I think these houses are fantastic. I'd like to get really tacky with snowmen, reindeer etc, but my hubby has restricted me to some tasteful white lights on our tree outside!

I had icicle lights around my balcony railings last year but the repeated high winds put paid to them and by the time I took them down, only half were working. This year they'll just be around the windows.

ClogginChris - first a snowman, then a reindeer, then before you know it......

..........you are shinning up to the roof like Rod Hull fixing lighted Nowegian Fjords to the satellite dish and still...still.....IT'S NOT ENOUGH!

Beware:loopy:

Guest sheffieldten

So where are the tackiest lights in the city? I want to go and take a few pictures.

Originally posted by sheffieldten

So where are the tackiest lights in the city? I want to go and take a few pictures.

I guess that depends on your point of view as to what tacky means, but the most over the top display I have seen around is in Upperthorpe, I don't need to be any more exact as you can't miss em