New roof can you recommend this firm?

Hello we are thinking of using "uk roofing" at Tinsley, has anyone used this firm & would they recommend them.Thanks for any replies.

Hello we are thinking of using "uk roofing" at Tinsley, has anyone used this firm & would they recommend them.Thanks for any replies.

Dont know this company.If in doubt ask to see a copy of their public liability certificate and references.

Hope this helps.

Again, never heard of them but the old rule applies, don't hand over any money til the works completed to YOUR satisfaction.

thankyou to everyone who has replied we believe this is a national company

But seeing as no one has heard of them i wonder if they subcontract to other

builders.We may have a rethink Thanks again.

Try Alliance on here. He's had good feed back.

I Use Dalton Roofing for Re-roofs but insist on having Paul, he's Daltons Best.

Dan, a new roof always looks good. Its what's underneath the tiles/slates and lead work.

Edited by retired

Dan, a new roof always looks good. Its what's underneath the tiles/slates and lead work.

Agreed, the acid test is if it leaks, wait until its rained and check for leaks!!

When I do gutters or flat roofs in GRP, I say to customers, 'wait until its rained before paying, then you know the job is right'. You never have to wait long :D

I Use Dalton Roofing for Re-roofs but insist on having Paul, he's Daltons Best.

We had Daltons round for a quote, barely even looked at the problem just recommended a new roof, seemed to be out for as much as they could. Cant comment on their work because we wouldnt go with them, put would expect them to at least seem interested and take a proper look before quoting for several thousand pounds worth of work.:suspect:

We had Daltons round for a quote, barely even looked at the problem just recommended a new roof, seemed to be out for as much as they could. Cant comment on their work because we wouldnt go with them, put would expect them to at least seem interested and take a proper look before quoting for several thousand pounds worth of work.:suspect:

I've also heard horrors about Dalton Roofing not being great and charging a lot of money ... our only actual experience of them was when the lead was nicked off our bay window a few years ago - think we paid £400 to have fixed (not with lead) ... my current roofer winced when we told him.

It may well be different for me with Phil Dalton. I have known him since he has started up years ago and has always been ok with me. I also only have his long standing employee Paul on my jobs.

For roof repairs I have P & J Belton based at S10. 0114 2306037.

mc55, who is the roofer you currently use. Thinking of getting mine done. Thanks

I had a complete new roof and guttering from Dalton in 2007 and there was no doubt a new roof was needed. Can't praise them highly enough.