Marriage split up..

If the couple have school age children a the assets will usually be devided 60/40 in favour of the party with whom the children reside...........

This is not a "given" and will depend upon the relative needs of each party.

If the house is left to the husband by his parents and he then lives with or marries a woman can she still legally oust him from what was his parents' home even if there are children?

If she can then I don't think my son will live with a woman

It depends on who gets custody as already explained. There is an unfair presumption that a mother should get custody unless there's a good reason otherwise though.

Proves the old adage - stay single and thin.

Unless he adopts the children he will not become their "new father".

They remain the financial responsibility of their parents.

Not strictly true.

My kids dad pays sweet f.a. even though he is working.

My partner as a result of my tax credits being reduced to virtually nothing is now financially responsible (as well as me) for my children.

Partners ex (who is on a great wage, as is her new partner) gets a lovely sum from my partner for the child they had together.

So in short my partner is responsible for his own child as well as my 2 children - which leaves us skint every month, yet my ex and his ex are laughing all the way to the bank. It's such an unfair system.

Not strictly true.

My partner as a result of my tax credits being reduced to virtually nothing is now financially responsible (as well as me) for my children.

Partners ex (who is on a great wage, as is her new partner) gets a lovely sum from my partner for the child they had together.

So in short my partner is responsible for his own child as well as my 2 children - which leaves us skint every month, yet my ex and his ex are laughing all the way to the bank. It's such an unfair system.

Your partner has no legal financial responsibility for your children - not saying that he doesn't take responsibility, but he isn't obliged to.

Not strictly true.

How did the CSA work that out?

Not strictly true.

The only way your ex would not be made to pay is if he wasn't truthful about his wages, wage slips have to be provided by him. If you know the company he works for, they'll find the information useful.

His partners wages are not taken into account and neither should they be, I'd phone the CSA and ask them why he doesn't have to pay anything. Even those on JSA have to pay.

The system is easily defied however, my ex refuses to look for a job because he can't be bothered and he doesn't want to have to pay for the kids. He's forced to pay £20 a month for the two of them, I just put it on their phones or in the bank for them. I'm not interested in his cash, he can keep it. My kids know he's had nothing to do with their upbringing financially or otherwise and they only look badly on him for it. (And before anyone says anything, I didn't tell them his reasons for not working, he did).

Your partner has no legal financial responsibility for your children - not saying that he doesn't take responsibility, but he isn't obliged to.

I work part time and because he moved in my tax credits has gone down dramatically which means I cannot afford to be financially responsible for them by my wage alone, so the law says because he lives with me he is partly financially responsible, which he hasn't a problem with, but it is a problem because he is also responsible for his own child (rightly so) when my children's father manages to move jobs frequently (he works in construction) and therefore never pays maintenance (the csa are useless in my situation).

Edited by foxforcefive

I work part time and because he moved in my tax credits has gone down dramatically which means I cannot afford to be financially responsible for them by my wage alone, so the law says because he lives with me he is partly financially responsible, which he hasn't a problem with, but it is a problem because he is also responsible for his own child (rightly so) when my children's father manages to move jobs frequently (he works in construction) and therefore never pays maintenance (the csa are useless in my situation).

In a rounabout way you're right - but it's more about your income being too high to caim tax credits, In law, your partner has no responsibility for your children financial or otherwise.

Edited by scoop

In a rounabout way you're right - but it's more about your income being too high to caim tax credits, In law, your partner has no responsibility for your children financial or otherwise.

My tax credits have gone down as a result of him moving in so.....

If your theory is right....what about someone on benefits with children? They move a new man in, the benefits stop or reduce significantly as a result of the household wage going up, thus making the new man financially responsible - albeit only whilst he is living with them.

My tax credits have gone down as a result of him moving in so.....

If your theory is right....what about someone on benefits with children? They move a new man in, the benefits stop or reduce significantly as a result of the household wage going up, thus making the new man financially responsible - albeit only whilst he is living with them.

The benefits would stop if there were children involved or not.

Its about household income, rather than a new partner being responsible for someone elses children.

I'm in a similar position to you, but if my OH and i were to split he'd have no financial responsibility for my child.