Marriage split up..

why does the law always favour the woman? a wife decideds to stray after 25 years of a Supposedly happy marriage,husband finds out marriage ends wife decides to take innocent hubby to the cleaners law says she can? surly she made the choice to break up the family so in my book she walks away with bugger all. am i right?

Uncle Albert told me. While you,re still a lad find a woman that you do,nt like an buy her a house, Saves you the trouble later.:rolleyes:

why does the law always favour the woman? a wife decideds to stray after 25 years of a Supposedly happy marriage,husband finds out marriage ends wife decides to take innocent hubby to the cleaners law says she can? surly she made the choice to break up the family so in my book she walks away with bugger all. am i right?

Sadly no, you are not right in the eyes of the law, in most other folk's opinion, yes I would assume.

Angel.

No, you're wrong.

In rhe event of a breakdown of a marriagewithout children both parties are legally entitled to 50% of the assets.

If the couple have school age children a the assets will usually be devided 60/40 in favour of the party with whom the children reside. In addition, the non resident parent will pay child maintenance 15% of their net salary for the first child, plus 5% for additional children.

If you know somone who had a different experience and their ex wife was favoured, tell them to sack their solicitor.

The resident parent is entitled to remain in the family home until the children leave full time education, or until they marry or cohabit with someone else.

No, you're wrong.

In rhe event of a breakdown of a marriagewithout children both parties are legally entitled to 50% of the assets.

If the couple have school age children a the assets will usually be devided 60/40 in favour of the party with whom the children reside. In addition, the non resident parent will pay child maintenance 15% of their net salary for the first child, plus 5% for additional children.

What if the woman marries or lives with someone after the divorce ? - is the new father not responsible for the finances for the children ?

What if the woman marries or lives with someone after the divorce ? - is the new father not responsible for the finances for the children ?

Unless he adopts the children he will not become their "new father".

They remain the financial responsibility of their parents.

Life sucks.

Courts usually side with women but what youve put is such a fairy story even JK Rowling would be embarrsed to put her name to it.

I think that has just set back all of the hard work that's the fathers rights guys have been fighting for.

The breakdown of a marriage is rarely one persons fault. That being so, in this case, (even though the OP states that the marriage was supposedly happy, meaning I assume that he didnt think otherwise until the wife strayed) why should she not go for half of everything?? A canny lass IMO!

No, you're wrong on both counts. She doesn't take anyone to the cleaners, neither does she walk away with nothing.

If the house is left to the husband by his parents and he then lives with or marries a woman can she still legally oust him from what was his parents' home even if there are children?

If she can then I don't think my son will live with a woman