RANT!! dogs on facebook for free

I don't think every free animal advert on facebook needs to be posted on here, we get it.

That FB group "THINGS for sale" just about sums it up.

In there with prams, lego, curtains, just a "thing", nothing more than a throwaway temporary possession....

Im not going to say if its right or wrong (not read all thread) but perhaps now theres a rant about it on here more will look at this thread and then go look on facebook , perhaps a few links Of Dogs rescue places would be better being put on by those that dont agree.

I don't think every free animal advert on facebook needs to be posted on here, we get it.

If only more of you had this kind of common sense.

no one is forceing you to watch or read the post ...simple dont click on it ..

kinda like something on tv if you dont want to watch it dont turn to that channel ...oh I get it your one of those dont want to watch but will anyway just so I can write to itv.com and complain ???? :hihi:

no one is forceing you to watch or read the post ...simple dont click on it ..

kinda like something on tv if you dont want to watch it dont turn to that channel ...oh I get it your one of those dont want to watch but will anyway just so I can write to itv.com and complain ???? :hihi:

Isn't that what you're doing with regard to animals on facebook?

Isn't that what you're doing with regard to animals on facebook?

There's a difference between complaining about something that is a "petty annoyance" of no real consequence, and not burying your head in the sand to ignore a very real issue with very real consequences...

no one is *forceing you to watch or read the post ...simple dont click on it ..

I'm interested in the thread and it comes in my email too. You are just as bad as the ones advertising the animals because you're advertising them to Sheffield forum :loopy:

*It's also forcing

Edited by denomis

There's a difference between complaining about something that is a "petty annoyance" of no real consequence, and not burying your head in the sand to ignore a very real issue with very real consequences...

I agree but in this instance and similar it's nothing that users of this section are not aware of already.

so you speak for the 1000+ ppl that have seen this thread ?

I post here maybe with the hope some one from a pet shelter ect may contact the persons with help or info on the best steps to rehome a pet...

I could say nothing and post nothing and sit back just like some or you do and wait for the story of the dog found dead in bin bag at side of road story to pop up ?

all those storys about where some one gave a dog away and they then found out something bad had happend to it later ..maybe if some one like me had given them tips or told them not to give it away free . it could have been prevented ..

I love dogs some times more than humans and if I can save just one . from the scum out there that prey on free to good home adverts then I will be happy

so you speak for the 1000+ ppl that have seen this thread ?

I post here maybe with the hope some one from a pet shelter ect may contact the persons with help or info on the best steps to rehome a pet...

I could say nothing and post nothing and sit back just like some or you do and wait for the story of the dog found dead in bin bag at side of road story to pop up ?

all those storys about where some one gave a dog away and they then found out something bad had happend to it later ..maybe if some one like me had given them tips or told them not to give it away free . it could have been prevented ..

I love dogs some times more than humans and if I can save just one . from the scum out there that prey on free to good home adverts then I will be happy

I speak for myself and only myself. It's a view, agreed most of mine are in direct conflict with others on here but it's nothing I wouldn't say and haven't said face to face with people I meet and people i've worked for in rescues. What I fail to see is the need to offer free advertising or increased advertising to 'free to a good home' dogs. Of the 1000 people who have now seen this thread how many do you think are looking for precisely that for nefarious reasons.

You said it yourself with this line ''if I can save just one from the scum out there that prey on free to good home adverts then I will be happy''

Yet you draw them to the attention of a wider audience.

can the wider audience be any wider than on facebook or the internet ?

so your saying its better . if I see anything like this.

that I think could put a pet in danger.

I should just look then click away and forget about it . do nothing say nothing and just hope there is a good outcome for the pet ?

or

should I share in a place where I know there is ppl that care and maybe offer advice to the owner or warn them of the dangers of giveing away a free dog .?