RANT!! dogs on facebook for free

Unfortunately the problem is that there are a significant number of people who trawl free ads for "free to good home" dogs which then get used as bait dogs and can suffer appalling injuries training the other "main" dogs to fight and attack.

This German Shepherd Pup was free to a "good" home

They are used to presenting a good impression if anyone does ask to check but many don't they just take some gushing words as given.

It's not that the people offering the animal "free to good home" are nasty or evil, their intentions may well be (usually are) nothing other than good. The real message ought to be that FTGH ads often attract the low-lives and a nominal charge may go some way to giving your pet a better chance of a truly loving forever home

I think people get upset because if everyone gave full consideration before deciding to get or breed a pet, and then took proper responsibility for their decision in the long term, there wouldn't be so many being rehomed in the first place.

Also from a lot of the adverts you see it's pretty clear the person doesn't care one bit where it ends up so long as it's gone quickly :(

Of course there are some genuine rehomes by caring people who've ended up in some unforeseen situation but you're not telling me they all are - no way.

why poor little bugger? for all you know he could go to an amazing home where he will live a long and happy life. My dog was free to a good home dose that mean he could just end up anywhere? NO it dosent we have had her since she was 9weeks old shes now 8years old. Wish people wouldnt just think the dogs (and cats for that matter) will just end up been moved on and on because thats no always the case.

do you live under the safety blanket of painted on eyes ?

a free puppy on facebook 22 weeks old and you think it may go to a good home ?.

I looked at the profile and pics of the first person to say they would take it and well hmmm Ganja symbals -gun symbal pics-gang on shops- brap brap ect ..

to put on facebook for free every tom-dick-chavy will be on it in most cases to sell on for a smoke to anyone in the gang on the shops ..

and as said above the baiters or puppy farmers troll such adverts . yes it could go to a great loveing home or it go to a life of hell and horror 50-50 chance either way. I for one would like to see a 90% chance it gets a great life

they should be made to clean out rescue kennels in their spare time......for a year!!!!

like like like

Yes, just seen some more Lab X Alsatian £100 ono. They're only 5 weeks old but "need them gone now". Disgusting. It's illegal and cruel to sell them that young. Clearly they're just out to make money on the poor pups.

do you live under the safety blanket of painted on eyes ?

a free puppy on facebook 22 weeks old and you think it may go to a good home ?.

I looked at the profile and pics of the first person to say they would take it and well hmmm Ganja symbals -gun symbal pics-gang on shops- brap brap ect ..

to put on facebook for free every tom-dick-chavy will be on it in most cases to sell on for a smoke to anyone in the gang on the shops ..

and as said above the baiters or puppy farmers troll such adverts . yes it could go to a great loveing home or it go to a life of hell and horror 50-50 chance either way. I for one would like to see a 90% chance it gets a great life

Its much better than living in a awful bitter world you seem to live in.

The puppy could very well go to a good home, its down to the OWNER to make sure of that.

Yes, just seen some more Lab X Alsatian £100 ono. They're only 5 weeks old but "need them gone now". Disgusting. It's illegal and cruel to sell them that young. Clearly they're just out to make money on the poor pups.

Its not illegal to re home puppies at 5weeks old its wrong but not illegal

Its much better than living in a awful bitter world you seem to live in.

The puppy could very well go to a good home, its down to the OWNER to make sure of that.

Caring and wanting to do something about it does not mean that a person is bitter.

The puppy could go to a good home, a wonderful home, but it might not as well, don't you care that really cruel and terrible things often happen to these pups and dogs? ...well a lot of different animals actually, there are some real low lifes that scour the free ads for animals, its not a figment of someones imagination its sadly all too real.

I agree its all up to the owner to make sure that the animal goes to a good home, but if you look at the ad for the Staffy with harness etc...do you honestly think from how that reads that she/he cares? they just want it gone.

Isn't it better they are sold or given away rather than abandoned in the streets?

Isn't it better they are sold or given away rather than abandoned in the streets?

If they get good homes its a thousand times better of course it is, there is no easy answer is there really? there are some very genuine people using the free ads but also some very bad, unscrupulous, evil people.

Most of my animals I have not paid for, some I have and a lot were rescues anyway, some people will love and care for an animal just the same free or not, but the more that you see into things and the more that you have to do with rescues you realise that for a lot of these animals things go very wrong, and many of the luckier ones are simply passed from pillar to post, its horrible really.

Caring and wanting to do something about it does not mean that a person is bitter.

The puppy could go to a good home, a wonderful home, but it might not as well, don't you care that really cruel and terrible things often happen to these pups and dogs? ...well a lot of different animals actually, there are some real low lifes that scour the free ads for animals, its not a figment of someones imagination its sadly all too real.

I agree its all up to the owner to make sure that the animal goes to a good home, but if you look at the ad for the Staffy with harness etc...do you honestly think from how that reads that she/he cares? they just want it gone.

I never said the person was bitter so re read rather that putting words into my mouth. it might and might not thats right its a 50/50 chance although i think more of a 80/10 chance i think alot more people would rather give an animal a loving home than hurt them. alot you you need to stop scaremongering.