The Broadfield Ale House

I eat fish but not meat and am always very happy there! Fish dishes-they do fish pie, kedgeree (sp??), fish and chips and fish finger sandwiches. They always have a veggie pie on which I'm yet to try but their veggie sausages are to die for! Very yummy. Also do a selection of fish/veggie starters which are quite nice to eat tapas style :) I've probably missed something out but it's definitely worth a try.

They do a nut roast too, which was good. Tho I was unimpressed with the veggie "gravy"

Thanks Al and Mermaid! I reckon we`ll go in and see what delights the menu reveals! I`ll be happy with the beer too!

so I don't understand why the Broadie chooses not to address it. Other than that, it's a great pub.

Maybe they just don't want you there? Horses for courses, market forces.

Just wanted to ask again about food We`re planning on going there this week but what sort of veggie or fishy dishes do they do? Or should we go elsewhere?

I don't know about the fish, but there's plenty of veggie choices and the ones I've had have been gorgeous. The veggie chestnut sausages are really good - if they're on the next time I go there I won't bother looking at the rest of the menu

We had the Broad field platter to start; salmon, cauli bhajis and potted mackerel. Then I had kejiree (sp?) and OH had fish `n` chips. All of it was spot on, value and the service would be the envy of many a restaurant. :)

Cheers all!

Well regarding some incredulous comments on this thread I can just vouch that my game of dominoes was disrupted and I found it very upsetting. I don't swear at children as a rule but the little b***er did almost push me to it .... Anyway I have now found a nice spot in the Byron to play my dominoes and haven't been back in the "Broodfield" for a while since. I'll maybe try another visit this weekend though and see if the same standard is still maintained. Stay tuned for an update.

went in last night very busy. I think they have made a good job of the makeover and the food looked good. Will be back to try it out

The girlfriend and I were in there last night, and we found the table service very good - our waiter noticed when drinks were running low and came over to ask if we needed anything from the bar. Probably quicker than if I'd had to go and queue up at the bar myself.

Also, it was only Thursday night but the place was packed - we only just got a small table to eat at.

I have quickly read most of this thread and couldnt see what i was looking for, but was wondering if anyone knew if they did a quiz in The Broadfield on a Thursday night and if so what time.

I have quickly read most of this thread and couldnt see what i was looking for, but was wondering if anyone knew if they did a quiz in The Broadfield on a Thursday night and if so what time.

I think its on Wednesdays.