The Broadfield Ale House

Has anyone been in the Broadfield since it re-opened yesterday? What's it like?

was just wondering the same thing! heard the tiles were put on the outside very last minute and look terrible!

went last night- very impressed all round- it's so nice and welcoming. feels a bit rushed in places i must admit but i guess they wanted to open for Christmas. there's some great snugs been created with stained glass, very cosy. will be going back v soon. well done for transforming this pub, was certainly very tired last time i went in.

Thanks for that. We'll be popping in later on today, so looking forward to it.

* jemson - re tiles, I was driving past last week and it looked like they were sandblasting the paint off the wall revealing the original tiles underneath. I should imagine they would have had to replace a few as well. Also, they took down the old wooden sign on the wall between the two bay windows at the top, revealing the original stone sign - "Broadfield Hotel, Tennants Ales".

What beer do they have? Real ale? And any food yet?

Hi Jemson,

Just had a few pints in there today, as it wasn't open early doors yesterday. Very good selection of real ales, average price £2.75. If you're a lager person a good selection of continental largers - Becks Vier being reasonable at £3 per pint. Being a Unitedite I avoided the HPA (Hillsborough Pale Ale) though.

Joking aside, they have done it up really nice, with a bit of a railway theme to it. Old suitcases on old train luggage holders on the walls, lots of cubby holes where you can have a drink and chat with friends without have to shout over the noise of everyone else. One or two things I don't think they've got round to finishing off yet, i.e. the toilets, but overall a vast improvement on the old place and no more sticky tables. You'd know what I mean if you had been a recent regular. It looks like they ended up completely putting new tiles on the outside wall, which also look as if they need finishing off a bit. I think it will do pretty well, it looks inside like a proper old boozer again.

As for food, the is a menu on the wall outside with sandwiches priced at around a fiver - chips another quid extra - and obviously other items, but I didn't read it all. I don't know if they've got their act together on the food yet though as I didn't see anyone eating.

Really good atmosphere in there, and a fair few punters in for early Saturday. Well worth a visit.

Cheers. Sounds worth a visit. Who brews the HPA then?

Went in yesterday. Place looks great, feels warm and inviting. Top selection of whiskies I noticed. Food wad reasonably priced at about 6 or 7 for mains. The partioning wall has been knocked thru and the bars joined to make one big room tho there is seperate dining space and a couple of private booths. It's big inside, will be visiting again definately.

Anyone know if they will be letting let well behaved dogs in?

It would also be lovely to eat too as we normally have to go into the peak to find a pub that does food and allows well behaved dogs. The White lion and the Sheaf view also allow dogs in so it would be lovely to add another local to the list :)

What a great new pub! The old Broadie was an awful place, and I can't believe what they have done with it to make it look like it does. There are several real ales, friendly staff, good prices and a really nice atmosphere. There are, of course, a few negatives; the staff don't seem to intervene when there are ill - mannered children running about the place and getting in the way, which is a pity, and the toilets still need a bit of work, but I was genuinely surprised at how nice they have made this place. I didn't eat but the menu also looks good.

Evei - I'm not sure what the rule is regarding dogs, as on Facebook they have said they don't allow dogs in, but there was a dog in there today.

Evei - I'm not sure what the rule is regarding dogs, as on Facebook they have said they don't allow dogs in, but there was a dog in there today.

:) I'll keep my fingers crossed, it is annoying having to get in the car and trek into the peak for Sunday roast and means I don't get a pint either :hihi: