The Broadfield Ale House

As I say,it could just be my taste buds.

Yup - if you were drinking back in the 60's then you were probably smoking too. What few taste buds you have left now are probably huddled together for warmth :D

Yup - if you were drinking back in the 60's then you were probably smoking too. What few taste buds you have left now are probably huddled together for warmth :D

You are probably right.:)

Well as you will know from manyh of my previous posts on here... with Siren - if they serve it, I will come! But the Picture House thingy - was is das? And why do I need to go?
Hipster heaven!

Nice enough place with a decent bottle selection but more of a club than a boozer.

Worth a visit I suppose.

Hipster heaven!

Nice enough place with a decent bottle selection but more of a club than a boozer.

Worth a visit I suppose.

Agree. Visited it a couple of weeks ago. They`re also having a few gigs.

Agree. Visited it a couple of weeks ago. They`re also having a few gigs.

Sounds cool. Bit like the Belgrave Music Hall in Leeds?

If you haven't been it has bands, a few bars and also some independent 'stalls' set up, doing coffee, burgers, pizza... worth a visit if you're in the area. Especially lunchtime when pizza is half price (even weekends!)

So shall definitely be giving this one a try.

It`s now a pretty good beer hotspot / triangle - Broady, Hop Hideout and Pic House Social. (Apparently the latter is going to open a small cinema therein too!). And Sheaf, Brothers, White Lion aren`t too far to stroll. A rival for the valley of beer!?!?

Sounds cool. Bit like the Belgrave Music Hall in Leeds?

If you haven't been it has bands, a few bars and also some independent 'stalls' set up, doing coffee, burgers, pizza... worth a visit if you're in the area. Especially lunchtime when pizza is half price (even weekends!)

So shall definitely be giving this one a try.

There is no pizza deal at the moment. The beer was good.

It looks as though we were wrong. After a long search I came across Innis & Gunn IPA aged in oak barrels and it tastes like the original 60's stuff.

I gather it is populated by a species known as "hipsters". What are the characteristics of these people?

I gather it is populated by a species known as "hipsters". What are the characteristics of these people?

Huge beards (sort of like camra types except apparently ironic...), excessively styled hair, nhs-style glasses (possibly lensless) and check shirts...

And the men are just as bad ;-)

lager is a bit expensive my made was liking orangeboom and they replaced it with kelam island lager and put the price up. like he said how is it more expensive than importing a larger from holland

lager is a bit expensive my made was liking orangeboom and they replaced it with kelam island lager and put the price up. like he said how is it more expensive than importing a larger from holland

firstly, as I've said before, distance ain't the only factor by a long way - something brewed locally on a small scale can cost a lot more than something bulk-brewed by a multinational even abroad...

but as Oranjeboom is brewed under license at Shepherd Neame, the travel costs won't be much anyway!