The Broadfield Ale House

You've got a great name for a beer:D

There is a beer called "Trashy Blonde" saw it yesterday....

Ah, you've not been looking in the right places Mogster - you'll track plenty of them down on a Saturday afternoon circuit between Zed's, Homemade and Oxfam (that is, the ones who aren't allowing their kids to recreate Lord of The Flies in the Broadie)

Aaah so it's a relatively localised Bohemian phenomenom. I looked around a house just near there which had an Aga and a wet room, maybe that was a clue ;)

There is a beer called "Trashy Blonde" saw it yesterday....

Where? I`ve seen it at that Ale House place in Millhouses but it didn`t seem to last long (very popular!). Sheff Tap do Brew Dog too.

Aaah so it's a relatively localised Bohemian phenomenom. I looked around a house just near there which had an Aga and a wet room, maybe that was a clue ;)

Indeed. If you think of the whole of Nether Edge as the whole of San Francisco, then whilst Chelsea Road is its Nob Hill, so Zeds-Homemade-Oxfam is its Haight-Ashbury. Or something :)

I finally got in yesterday afternoon and was impressed. Nice ale from Black Iris and Buxton brewery. btw, the only clients were blokes drinking beer! :)

I do rather like this end of town. I suppose it was a sort of a Bohemian/Haight Ashbury atmosphere but surely thats a good thing isn't it of an area? I did try and go in the Broadie the other day for the first time through the door from near he bus stop but it was shut so I gave up and went home - I guess maybe they were closed for cleaning or something ... its a pity it does look quite arresting from the outside - those blue tiles go quite nicely with the new red paint on the old woodwork. Oh well maybe ill try it again another time. Meanwhile I wandered up the road and found that the Bar under the cinema (Abis Bar?) had some wonderful local live music on from a Phil Broadfield which I thought was a remarkable coincidence ! It reminded me of how the live mic nights used to be in te Broadie of old !

I do rather like this end of town. I suppose it was a sort of a Bohemian/Haight Ashbury atmosphere but surely thats a good thing isn't it of an area? I did try and go in the Broadie the other day for the first time through the door from near he bus stop but it was shut so I gave up and went home - I guess maybe they were closed for cleaning or something ... its a pity it does look quite arresting from the outside - those blue tiles go quite nicely with the new red paint on the old woodwork. Oh well maybe ill try it again another time. Meanwhile I wandered up the road and found that the Bar under the cinema (Abis Bar?) had some wonderful local live music on from a Phil Broadfield which I thought was a remarkable coincidence ! It reminded me of how the live mic nights used to be in te Broadie of old !

The door near the bustop is no longer an entrance, only the one in the middle.

The door near the bustop is no longer an entrance, only the one in the middle.

lol! That`s the first entrance that I tried, and felt a bit daft. :rolleyes:

Went in on Saturday for a family meal. Had to wait ages but the food was good, including a really nice pie and stunning cooked ham that we ended up taking home and having as sandwiches the next day. Only gripes were long waiting time for food, but they gave us a free round of drinks which solved that. No sign of rampaging kids

I finally found the right door and went in to the Broadfield the other day for the first time. I must say I was very impressed and I found the service very quick. It was a bit crowded though and as it was the daytime yes there were a few families and kids running amock but it was ok. NIce decor and choice of beers.

Yes they done a great job,good range of beers and lagers and atmosphere's good too.