Anyone see this yesterday in primark (meadowhall)??

A slap across the face is on the harsh side though, especially for not taking off a coat. I was chastised as a child if I misbehaved and I agree that as a punishment it is an effective tool. However I'm not sure a pasting is ever appropriate. I suppose it depends on your definition of a pasting since I would associate it with quite a severe beating.

I agree with the comments about the McDs force feeder though. It's a shame parents like him can't be given a pasting for their bad behaviour towards their own kids.

Another do-gooder I assume, one of the reasons why kids today have no respect. I was brought up with respect and disciplined accordingly, including getting a pasting for being naught. Never did me, or my kids any harm.

And people wonder why we're in such a mess today. Even the schools are fearful of kids these days! :rant:

Children do not need physical punishment to chastise them or teach them respect . I totally disagree with everything you have said !

Children do not need physical punishment to chastise them or teach them respect . I totally disagree with everything you have said !

'Physical Punishment', is so different to a smack round the aris.

Makes you wonder does it not. If she is so brazen to slap a child across the face in public. What she does to the child in private?? Where does the slapping stop and the punshing begin? Just because you may have got smacked as a child doesn't make it right. Oh and yes I have 3 kids and never smacked any of them. Let's be honest. Most parents smack etc out of their own frustration. Makes them feel better. Just my opinion of course.

Why not just pull off the tag to scan, it would have been a simple solution to her problem seen as the child had tried the coat on and she knew it was a correct fit.

Horrible! Physically harming a child will not "chastise" them, it'll just teach them violence is the answer to get what they want, wonderful! I, personally, don't believe in hitting your children to punish them but I appreciate that some people think a smacked bum or back of the legs is appropriate. A slap across the face is in no way appropriate and it's not an issue of somebody being a "do-gooder". It's alarming that this woman did this to her child in public, terrifying to think what goes on behind closed doors :(

Why not just pull off the tag to scan, it would have been a simple solution to her problem seen as the child had tried the coat on and she knew it was a correct fit.

because then the child knows all it has to do is kick up a fuss and it gets what it wants, jesus christ

Is it relevant that the mother in question was asian? Just wondering? Sadly there are parents out there who think physical violence is a valid way to get their child to do something. Just as there are also parents who think nothing of calling their children stupid (or much worse). It's horrible :(

Aww diddums :roll:

My youngest son was with me when this happened....my son wanted to go and give the mother a slap back, but i held him back and said this could get you into trouble if you did the same. He says he remembers her face and would keep an eye if he sees her again. She needs to have the social workers to visit her. Just wish i knew her as i would phone the everyday untill they got her kid off her!!!!

i was in primark in town a few weeks ago this child was proper kicking of cause she wanted somthing witch her mother didnt get anyway after a few mins of her sreaming and kicking the security turned up and asked her politly to calm down the girl swar at them so they told her streight that if she didnt calm down then she would be asked to leave she was cheeky nearly hit a baby in arms so they bard her what did the mother do, nothing she stud there and let her carry on i mean there's over the to with smacking a child round the face but not doing anything at all is also wrong

And an example of terrible parenting.