Is £15,500 a decent salary?

Hi

Is £15,500 a decent salary as the main wage for a couple? Other person works but pay is lower. Its a call centre job full time and i imagine quite stressfull (not a sales job)

Thanks

All wages are decent if they meet your costs of living. You need to list all your outgoings, and see whether both wages will cover them. You can find "budget planners" all over t'interweb, including most bank sites.

Hope this helps

Hi

Is £15,500 a decent salary as the main wage for a couple? Thanks

Compared to what

Given that the average wage in the Sheffield will be about £25,000+ I would say absolutely not. I'd struggle to survive in the current economic climate on 15k

There are a lot of people earning around that or less. It might lead you onto other things. When I wanted a career change at thirty years of age I had to take a lower paid job to gain experience.

I took a sales support job in a call centre about nine years ago as a stepping stone to a customer facing sales role. Six years later I started my own business and wish I had done it sooner.

A higher salary doesn't make you happy although it can help. You can't buy experience.

In the current climate you're lucky to be in work!!

Given that the average wage in the Sheffield will be about £25,000+

You wouldn’t happen to have a link for that would you.

You wouldn’t happen to have a link for that would you.

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSearch/Results.aspx?Keywords=&Sort=0&JobType1=10&Rate=26000&RateType=1&LTxt=Sheffield%2c+South+Yorkshire&Radius=5

About 100 jobs on this board alone paying >26k within 5 miles of Sheffield.

There are 4 paying >65k if you're feeling more ambitious.

Yes I would

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Country=United_Kingdom/Salary/by_City

Sheffield is not specifically listed but I can see no reason why it would be that far behind Birmingham or Manchester

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Location=Sheffield-England%3A-South-Yorkshire/Salary

Specific Sheffield info, although not an overall average salary.

Say no more :hihi:

Sheffield is rarely listed in these things. It may be the UK's 5th biggest city (population) but it's pretty much inconsequential to anyone outside of it