First South Yorkshire putting fares up from 2nd January 2012!!

Moved house recently and caught the bus into work for the first time today due to the inclement road conditions (on the minor ones like the one I live on). Fare £2.10. I've moved 6 miles across town, and the journey was about 35 mins. At my old flat, I was closer to town by bus on a good run and paid £1.95. So I've moved 6 miles and the fare has increased 15p. That's what's ridiculous to me.

Back in the car tomorrow.

Guest busdriver1
Moved house recently and caught the bus into work for the first time today due to the inclement road conditions (on the minor ones like the one I live on). Fare £2.10. I've moved 6 miles across town, and the journey was about 35 mins. At my old flat, I was closer to town by bus on a good run and paid £1.95. So I've moved 6 miles and the fare has increased 15p. That's what's ridiculous to me.

Back in the car tomorrow.

so your new journey is better value than your old one and you are still not happy - nice one. It has allways been the case that shorter journies are more expensive than longer ones in terms of £ per mile

so your new journey is better value than your old one and you are still not happy - nice one. It has allways been the case that shorter journies are more expensive than longer ones in terms of £ per mile

No you're wrong! The former £1.95 fare was increased to £2.10 in Jan 2012, so it's at the same fare band!

First's single fare prices (except special routes with promotion or other reasons) in 2010-11 were £0.85, £1.30, £1.60, £1.95, £2.40, £2.70, £3.00, £3.50

Each of these single fare increased by 10p/15p, except £3 & £3.50.

£1.30 & £1.60 (currently £1.40 & £1.70) are the most common fare amounts, reflecting that bus passengers are likely to travel 1-3 miles

If you're making a return journey with the same distance, and will not make a third journey of First's bus in the day, then you should only buy FirstDay ticket when a single costs £2.40 or more.

If you hop on service X78 from city centre to Meadowhall it's £2.10 (was £1.95 last year) and the distance is about 5-6miles.

sypte dont have the nuts to haul first over the coals for sloppy services in sheffiled

Bus fares are always rising, i know they have to pay for things to keep buses running but if you ask me there raking it in.

Guest busdriver1
sypte dont have the nuts to haul first over the coals for sloppy services in sheffiled

Another reason is they dont have the power too either

Guest busdriver1
No you're wrong! The former £1.95 fare was increased to £2.10 in Jan 2012, so it's at the same fare band!

First's single fare prices (except special routes with promotion or other reasons) in 2010-11 were £0.85, £1.30, £1.60, £1.95, £2.40, £2.70, £3.00, £3.50

Each of these single fare increased by 10p/15p, except £3 & £3.50.

£1.30 & £1.60 (currently £1.40 & £1.70) are the most common fare amounts, reflecting that bus passengers are likely to travel 1-3 miles

If you're making a return journey with the same distance, and will not make a third journey of First's bus in the day, then you should only buy FirstDay ticket when a single costs £2.40 or more.

If you hop on service X78 from city centre to Meadowhall it's £2.10 (was £1.95 last year) and the distance is about 5-6miles.

how am i wrong? the examples you quote prove my point.

Thank God for my buspass. It saves me loads on fuel and on parking fees, and i dont have to pay on the bus either. Lovely jubbly, bout time you lot subsidised us oldies a bit.