First South Yorkshire putting fares up from 2nd January 2012!!

The price of fuel has gone up significantly over the last couple of years - I'm sure there was a thread about it on here...

Even if you claim the tax back, that price still goes up - take a look here http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/petrolprices.html - a 46% rise in fuel costs over the last five years?

sorry no justification for taking the prices up like this basically its 2 price rises in 1 first = joke

The price of fuel has gone up significantly over the last couple of years - I'm sure there was a thread about it on here...

Even if you claim the tax back, that price still goes up - take a look here http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/petrolprices.html - a 46% rise in fuel costs over the last five years?

And yet Stagecoach can offer a maximum fair for all their single fares of £1.30?

First are at £2.50+

Weekly Sheffield Saver at £10.50 and First at £18.50.

they also use fuel at the same prices.

Your argument is falling away at it's policies. Stagecoach drivers are also much more pleasant and friendly to talk to, as well as much more courteous. They even stop and wait for customers running for the bus to get on and stop between stops to pick up customers. And manners and courtesy costs nothing.

First are an awful company that put unnecessary pressure on drivers that causes them to be awful, nasty, unsupportive customer assistants.

A huge difference in all things important to a customer! Price, Value and customer friendly.

They may bulk buy diesel, but the price that they buy it at will have gone up just as all fuel prices have gone up - how much more is a litre than it was a couple of years ago? 30p?

If you honestly think that Stagecoach won't put their prices up then fair enough... who is in the real world?

stagecoach will but certainly not as much as first so yes im in the real world first arrogant obnoxious stagecoach actually make you feel welcome . and 1.60 fare or 2.10 um i wonder no contest stagecoach all the way

And yet Stagecoach can offer a maximum fair for all their single fares of £1.30?

First are at £2.50+

Weekly Sheffield Saver at £10.50 and First at £18.50.

they also use fuel at the same prices.

Your argument is falling away at it's policies. Stagecoach drivers are also much more pleasant and friendly to talk to, as well as much more courteous. They even stop and wait for customers running for the bus to get on and stop between stops to pick up customers. And manners and courtesy costs nothing.

First are an awful company that put unnecessary pressure on drivers that causes them to be awful, nasty, unsupportive customer assistants.

A huge difference in all things important to a customer! Price, Value and customer friendly.

spot on guzz

slight hole in your statement there

Fuel duty escalator as brought in by labour will account for 35%, then there is the 2.5% vat increase, so in real terms, the price of fuel excluding these factors have risen in real terms accounting for inflation is about 5%

Stagecoach do not offer a £1.30 single fare on all routes. £1.90 on 87 route and they often miss out both ends of the route. Both companies are pathetic.

spot on guzz

Don't get me started on reliability.

At least Stagecoach know the difference between a bus every 10 minutes or a bus every 10 minutes on average. Especially in this weather.

Stagecoach bus = Every ten minutes

First Bus = 3 turn up within 10 minutes of each other. Miss them and you're waiting 25-30 minutes for the next one. Another one for customer value to Stagecoach.

Stagecoach do not offer a £1.30 single fare on all routes. £1.90 on 87 route and they often miss out both ends of the route. Both companies are pathetic.

It's still cheaper than £2.50+ ;)

First are also putting up its bus fares in other parts of the UK - So South Yorkshire is not being singled out.

Obviously the bosses want their profits to be extra large next year so they can all take massive bonuses for their hard work.

Obviously the bosses want their profits to be extra large next year so they can all take massive bonuses for their hard work.

That also depends on if the other local firms raise their prices. If they don't, as I suspect they won't as much as first, then First will lose hand over fist in every area of their services.

Their managing director is the one who claims that services must be cut and fares increased because they can't justify "Carrying fresh air around". With that work ethic, services will be cut again and again as "Customers" defer to other local and cheaper services.

You've got to love the Tories for causing this monopoly in the first place. They sold the Nationally owned transport system to private companies and that's created FIRST! First turn over huge profits year on year and the Government are skint...... I wonder why?

Enough of the SOAP box for tonight

That also depends on if the other local firms raise their prices. If they don't, as I suspect they won't as much as first, then First will lose hand over fist in every area of their services.

Their managing director is the one who claims that services must be cut and fares increased because they can't justify "Carrying fresh air around". With that work ethic, services will be cut again and again as "Customers" defer to other local and cheaper services.

You've got to love the Tories for causing this monopoly in the first place. They sold the Nationally owned transport system to private companies and that's created FIRST! First turn over huge profits year on year and the Government are skint...... I wonder why?

Enough of the SOAP box for tonight

dont pull the tories into it labour had chance to sort this i wrote to my mp last time prices went up and had a joke respone

well done stop between stops eh so that person falls getting on bus whos to blame

not stagecoach and not sypt but the driver who will get sacked and sued thats the reason as soon as a bus pulls away from a bus stop you cant get on