First South Yorkshire putting fares up from 2nd January 2012!!

Not at all surprising. No doubt will drive more people to their cars. Good on yer' First. Shooting yourself in the foot again. Wont be long before the other operators follow suit, trust me. Get all the bad press and negative views out the way, then come March/April put the fares up. We've seen it before from Stagecoach and other operators.

brilliant - even more empty buses getting through traffic lights before hundreds of frustrated car drivers and their passengers

First are also putting up its bus fares in other parts of the UK - So South Yorkshire is not being singled out.

Why not do away with all the free bus passes (except for OAPS) and then simply charge a flat rate of 80p to use the bus.

Everyone then pays

what a suprise a price freeze for a year then they take prices up so high its a disgrace stagecoach will be laughing as the customers desert first

what a suprise a price freeze for a year then they take prices up so high its a disgrace

Are you serious?

So no increase last year (despite petrol going up) then a 5% increase in January (e.g. £2 up to £1.10) despite fuel going up by even more...

...a 2.5% rise each year (on average) is nothing compared to the rise in the cost of filling a car/bus up with petrol/diesel.

Are you serious?

So no increase last year (despite petrol going up) then a 5% increase in January (e.g. £2 up to £1.10) despite fuel going up by even more...

...a 2.5% rise each year (on average) is nothing compared to the rise in the cost of filling a car/bus up with petrol/diesel.

excuse me so stagecoach are cheaper by a long way first will lose business get real its a recession why should we pay over the odds ? and first get bulk price for fuel seriousley if you think that first should do this get in the real world

car keys- check

diesel-check

direct route to work when i want to go- check :-)

It costs me 50p on stagecoach bus's. (Adult Student on ANY stagecoach Bus :hihi: )

First can go do 1! :mad:

They've got a bad attitude from managers to Drivers and charge the earth for everything. If I can help it, I'll never get a first bus again. :suspect:

Robbing dogs. :loopy:

I actually hope they go out of business as a result. They are now not looking after their customers but putting profit first.

Are you serious?

you forget that the bus companies claim the tax and vat back on fuel, so the price of fuel is not the reason that prices are going up, staff costs have gone up about 2-3% so it must be driven by their shareholders wanting more money, so the poor bus used gets stiffed!!:loopy::loopy:

excuse me so stagecoach are cheaper by a long way first will lose business get real its a recession why should we pay over the odds ? and first get bulk price for fuel seriousley if you think that first should do this get in the real world

They may bulk buy diesel, but the price that they buy it at will have gone up just as all fuel prices have gone up - how much more is a litre than it was a couple of years ago? 30p?

If you honestly think that Stagecoach won't put their prices up then fair enough... who is in the real world?

you forget that the bus companies claim the tax and vat back on fuel, so the price of fuel is not the reason that prices are going up, staff costs have gone up about 2-3% so it must be driven by their shareholders wanting more money, so the poor bus used gets stiffed!!:loopy::loopy:

The price of fuel has gone up significantly over the last couple of years - I'm sure there was a thread about it on here...

Even if you claim the tax back, that price still goes up - take a look here http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/petrolprices.html - a 46% rise in fuel costs over the last five years?